invert mouse y-axis?

trek

Dec 13, 2000
in some FPS games (faster ones) it feels 'right' but others I play normal

Redviffer

Oct 30, 2002
Yeah, for games I do, I use the Logitech Marble Mouse. It's a trackball, I use the direction of the ball as my "head". So, I push the ball forward, I should "look" down in the game. If I don't invert, I will "look" up instead.

edit: forgot the why

Supermercado

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
I don't invert my mouse but I do invert the control sticks on console FPS games when I play those. And I invert my joystick when playing flying games.

HonkeyDonk

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2001
Invert.

It's the natural thing to do and the correct way :D

Buy yeah, my logic is similar to that of Redviffer

Allio

Golden Member
Jul 9, 2002
I always played with it inverted in Goldeneye on the N64, but curiously, nothing else. It doesn't really feel natural with a mouse.

dfi

Golden Member
Apr 20, 2001
Mostly, yes. Reasoning is this: I tilt my head back to look up, I tilt my head forward to look forward.

However, some games do make me feel like using a normal mouse. For example, a flight sim where the crosshair is not fixed in the center of the screen, ie, the crosshair moves exactly the same as the mouse pointer in any OS. In this case I am think of moving the mouse to a certain location, and not as a means of controlling my view vector.

dfi

acemcmac

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
never and I've only ever met one person that did. He also thought his graphics card was an ATi GeForce.... :disgust: