Interview Timing

HammerCurl

Apr 3, 2007
Do you suppose their is an optimal time for the best reception? Yea yea, I know be extremely professional/friendly/have good experiences and other crap to talk about, but do you think theres an optimal time say if the scheduling is between 8-4. I remember an HR person said to my friend in one of his interviews: "I'm tired from asking all these questions, just tell me why I should hire you". It sounds like your starting at a negative if you get a person whos been interviewing all day and just wondering if anyone has any insight to this. I was thinking being first could be good, but then theres like 7 people ahead of you that get their shot too. Thoughts?

SacrosanctFiend

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
About 10-11. From 8-9, I'm still tired and don't want to be at work. From 9-10, I've had my breakfast and coffee, and have adjusted to being at work. From 10-11, I'm happy to be at work. From 11-12, I'm just waiting for lunch. After lunch, I want to take a nap or go home...depends on how much I ate.

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
I'd say first, just because you're the first they meet, and more of a chance they'll remember you out of 8 people. You also haven't worn them out with the same stupid responses everyone says. Then again - if you're really memorable or right for the job, you'll stand out from the other 7 people regardless.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Originally posted by: SacrosanctFiend
About 10-11. From 8-9, I'm still tired and don't want to be at work. From 9-10, I've had my breakfast and coffee, and have adjusted to being at work. From 10-11, I'm happy to be at work. From 11-12, I'm just waiting for lunch. After lunch, I want to take a nap or go home...depends on how much I ate.

This summary fits the odds of the average employee. Follow his advice.

HammerCurl

Apr 3, 2007
Originally posted by: RagingBITCH
I'd say first, just because you're the first they meet, and more of a chance they'll remember you out of 8 people. You also haven't worn them out with the same stupid responses everyone says. Then again - if you're really memorable or right for the job, you'll stand out from the other 7 people regardless.

I think I like your advice. It's probably easier to wake up someone in the morning than win over a crabby person later in the day is what I'm thinking.