Internet grammar

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
you know, when you're fresh out of ideas for new threads, it's a good idea to refrain from posting new threads.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I could not read the poll options, so I did not vote.

KT

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I give not a crap about "preper" grammar or spelling or any of that shite.
I give many a craps about readability.

If you misspell the word "hamburger" and type "hambarger" I'll still figure it out ....
If you intentionally misspell all the words and skip random letters, it's too much of a PITA to read, like having to learn a whole new language. I prefer English, not noobish or whatever you people who can't type worth a damn call it.

xeemzor

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2005
This thread has lowered my already low expectations and futures for humanity.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Originally posted by: Noobtastic
Originally posted by: JujuFish
I can understand poorer grammar in, say, chatting in a FPS game or IM with friends than on on a message board. Poor grammar on a message board really tends to bug me. It's not like you're in a rush or writing post after post.

yes but since when do i value the opinions of anonymous masses?

Since "anonymous masses" = "The entire world", perhaps you should.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
without grammar nazis, sad angry little men would have nothing to keep them occupied.

Sunner

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I tend to mind my spelling and grammar to the best of my ability.
Funny, I even have something to blame for my(potentially) bad spelling and grammar, English isn't my first language ;)

ChAoTiCpInOy

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2006
I think it's stupid how the internet makes us type like this. I mean it's supposed to make us type faster but most people make really long words with so many characters to just say a simple three/four letter word.

RESmonkey

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
Well, when you want to make fun of a OP, you can post a real satirical reply. Like "OH NOEZ ..." or "I CAN HAS INTARNET?"