Question Internet Fluctuation while connected to WiFi Router

Sunny2520

Mar 12, 2020
Have attached the network Diagram, where in 2 Home based router(All model mentioned in Diagram) attached to switches and Switched are connected to Firewall also DHCP server is configured on Sophos Firewall.Desktops and server are connected to switches
2 Isp 10 Mbps and 20 Mbps. Office strength is of 50 users.

Common issues faced user.
1. Internet fluctuation while connected to wifi routers and sometime while connected desktop.
2. User connected to router 1 suddenly jumps onto router 2
3. User while connected to wifi suddenly sees no Internet connection
4. Ping response to gate way while connected to either of routers get delays from 1ms to 1000ms or more and get normal after sometime(normal time not specified untill you restart the router)

Kindly help in resolving this issue

Attachments

• Network Forum.png
    Network Forum.png
    61.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Have attached the network Diagram, where in 2 Home based router(All model mentioned in Diagram) attached to switches and Switched are connected to Firewall also DHCP server is configured on Sophos Firewall.Desktops and server are connected to switches
2 Isp 10 Mbps and 20 Mbps. Office strength is of 50 users.

Common issues faced user.

1. Internet fluctuation while connected to wifi routers and sometime while connected desktop.

How long does this last? Do you use ping or traceroute to try and isolate the problem? or is it more like a hiccup

2. User connected to router 1 suddenly jumps onto router 2

I have to assume you mean wireless clients attached to the TP link routers. How far are these apart from each other? Is there much signal overlap? are they on the same channels?.

also, you really want those NOT to be "routers", configure them as WAP's. don't use the WAN port, turn off all "router" services like dhcp, dns, etc...

3. User while connected to wifi suddenly sees no Internet connection

does this happen on both TP links?
4. Ping response to gate way while connected to either of routers get delays from 1ms to 1000ms or more and get normal after sometime(normal time not specified untill you restart the router)

does this occur on the wireless, wired, or both?

Much of this looks like wireless config issues, and possibly some interference also. you've got some work to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: mxnerd

Sunny2520

Mar 12, 2020
Firstly would like to thanks for prompt reply.

How long does this last? Do you use ping or traceroute to try and isolate the problem? or is it more like a hiccup

Internet fluctuation are largely for wireless user connected through TP link router (TP Link devices are used as Access point (WAP)) But some time it happens for Lan users also. Have tried pinging to google.com during low speed or fluctation ping response shows delay but later it automatically gets normal and some times its hiccups too actually its mix.

Have directly connected with ISP with one to one connection but there is no problem from there end.
(Are there anyways to isolate and check)

I have to assume you mean wireless clients attached to the TP link routers. How far are these apart from each other? Is there much signal overlap? are they on the same channels?.

Yes I mean wireless Client.
The distance between 2 routers are of 48 ft
How i can check signal Overlap?
Wifi routers are on auto when it comes to channel

also, you really want those NOT to be "routers", configure them as WAP's. don't use the WAN port, turn off all "router" services like dhcp, dns, etc...

Yes I am using TP Link router as Access Point and all services are disabled.
But yes I am using WAN port to attach Access Point with switch

does this happen on both TP links?

Yes this happens with not of the TP links

does this occur on the wireless, wired, or both?

Largely, users are connected through wireless and this problem is only with Wireless users

Much of this looks like wireless config issues, and possibly some interference also. you've got some work to do.