Interesting ...

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Where is the evidence that we never went to the moon???? How do you expect me to take them seriously if they dodge such important "truths"?????

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Alistar7
Where is the evidence that we never went to the moon???? How do you expect me to take them seriously if they dodge such important "truths"?????

Anything specifically you dispute, or is this just another knee-jerk cheap shot at anything critical of Bush-lite? I assume the contents of their front page change from time to time, but right now it has a pretty damning look at the Bush tax cut fraud. As expected, it mostly benefits the wealthy and does nothing to stimulate the economy. Also interesting that Cheney, who nets a healthy $107,000 dollars (per year) from the deal, had to cast the deciding vote. No self-interest there.

The article also points out something I saw elsewhere - Republicans are lying about the effective size of this tax cut. While they pretend it's only (?) $350 billion, "the bill's true cost would far exceed $660 billion." Why? Because the cuts theoretically expire in 2007, even though everyone knows that this won't be allowed to happen.

Politicians are living proof that while man may have evolved from the primordial slime, many didn't go voluntarily.

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
Interesting graph their, considering they don't even consider 9/11, SARS and the war with Iraq.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by: Tabb
Interesting graph their, considering they don't even consider 9/11, SARS and the war with Iraq.
It's a chart of the deficit, not a historical timeline. I don't see the Vietnam war on it either.

Mean MrMustard

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2001
Originally posted by: SuperTool
Originally posted by: Tabb
It's a chart of the deficit, not a historical timeline. I don't see the Vietnam war on it either.

0wned

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
I have performed the MOONBEAM DUCK TEST and have come to the conclusion that this is the fault of George Bush.