Interesting. Rove and Ashcroft Subpoenaed. Do YOU love America?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jmman

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
Originally posted by: Jmman
Anyone remember the WTO incident and the 200 or so arrests? Hmmm, who was the president then? Or how about the 10 protestors that were arrested on the Gore campaign trail for protesting about Gore's connections with big oil because of Occidental petroleum? This seems like another prime example of "Bush blindness".......people motivated by their sheer hatred of Bush.

Ahhh, the old two-wrongs make a right argument. Nice. Yeah, you're right, let's never try to anything about issues like this that infringe on people's rights. Let's just let the government slowly but surely chisel away until we have nothing left... Great plan...

Sorry, this to me comes down to no wrongs make for a bunch of BS. There is not, never has been, and never will be "absolute" freedom of speech. I don't fault the actions that Clinton made or Gore made, and I don't fault the actions of Bush either. There will always be certain restrictions placed upon freedom of speech. If you don't believe me, try yelling "fire" in a crowded theater and see where it gets you......

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
If they were truly fair and non-discriminatory, the administration would herd everyone -- those expressing pro-gov't views AND those expressing anti-gov't views -- into the same "zone." Rather, you have an uneven-handed approach where those expressing dissent are treated differently. Therein lies the problem.

privatebreyer

Nov 28, 2002
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
If they were truly fair and non-discriminatory, the administration would herd everyone -- those expressing pro-gov't views AND those expressing anti-gov't views -- into the same "zone." Rather, you have an uneven-handed approach where those expressing dissent are treated differently. Therein lies the problem.

I Agree.