Interesting letter to Romney

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Interesting way to troll P&N.

Also, kids cant be objective, which is why they arent allowed to make decisions. Of course, parents cant be objective either, but theres nothing we can do about that.

fuzzybabybunny

Moderator<br>Digital & Video Cameras
Jan 2, 2006

Also, kids cant be objective, which is why they arent allowed to make decisions. Of course, parents cant be objective either, but theres nothing we can do about that.

Regardless, he makes good points. It's the points that matter, not the age.

Religion should not have anything to do with policy.
Denying coverage for pre-existing conditions is draconian.
Women (and anyone, for that matter) should be allowed to control their own bodies.

wayliff

Lifer
Nov 28, 2002

ehh ok. Is that all you could see?

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
this letter is news? This is the same garabage & the dnc have been shtting out for the past year.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Interesting how women "managing their own health" means getting other people to pay for their birth control.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
ehh ok. Is that all you could see?

Nope, I saw a lot more than that.
There arent enough hours in the day to talk about everything that goes on in my brain. I've got homework and other stuff to do. I filter it all talk about the most important ideas, the stuff I really need to share.

videogames101

Diamond Member
Aug 24, 2005
This post is not meant to be partisan at all. It applies to anyone doing something like this.

Parents tell kid to write stuff down, it gets discussed here and across the country.

Disgusting. For some reason this kind of things pisses me off more than any thing else. It's fucking disgusting.

fuzzybabybunny

Jan 2, 2006
This is absurd. I see it all the time. How many auto insurance companies will sell you a policy after you've wrecked your car, then actually pay for repairs to existing damage?

Fine. Then 'insurance' is the wrong word. Let's call it health care. Affordable health care should not be denied to people with preexisting conditions. We're talking about human beings, not hunks of metal.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
This is absurd. I see it all the time. How many auto insurance companies will sell you a policy after you've wrecked your car, then actually pay for repairs to existing damage?

People think they're entitled to health insurance.
Sometimes, when I've had too much to drink, I think maybe we need government run health care.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
Fine. Then 'insurance' is the wrong word. Let's call it health care. Affordable health care should not be denied to people with preexisting conditions. We're talking about human beings, not hunks of metal.

Lets play word games.

You are an idiot. Your turn.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Regardless, he makes good points. It's the points that matter, not the age.

Religion should not have anything to do with policy.

Unless it's relevant.

Denying coverage for pre-existing conditions is draconian.

Should car insurance companies be forced to newly insure people who were just in an accident?

Women (and anyone, for that matter) should be allowed to control their own bodies.

They are. What they should not be allowed to do is kill their own children.

CycloWizard

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Fine. Now all you have to do is find out how to make healthcare affordable. Let me know how that works out for you. Hint: healthcare cannot be affordable due to the most fundamental laws of economics.

wayliff

Lifer
Nov 28, 2002
Nope, I saw a lot more than that.
There arent enough hours in the day to talk about everything that goes on in my brain. I've got homework and other stuff to do. I filter it all talk about the most important ideas, the stuff I really need to share.

I'd think homework would be more important than posting what you've posted here. Thanks anyway.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007

Bahhumbug. They want to not pay into the insurance/system, and then wait until they get sick and need it, then expect to get covered like the people that have been paying into it for years and years without using it, having it to ...omg ....insure against getting sick. I personally think there should be an exception for children born with problems because it's not like they can make the choice, but if you are an adult, and choose to wait until you are sick to get insurance than sucks to be you, just like it sucks to be me if the same thing happens. Our approach to medicine and paying for it is all fucked up, and the only reason people even get insurance now is because even just going to a doctor for a visit, and getting a prescription is too expensive. We need to do something to drive down the cost of actual care, not the insurance. Insurance is ridiculously expensive because of how people use it, if people used their car insurance every time they changed their tires, or oil, it would be through the fucking roof too.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000

What to do with the large number of people who will find it cheaper to pay fines (if any are enforceable) versus waiting till you come down with a serious illness before signing up for a top tier insurance plan.

These are humans and they will find a way to work the system to their benefit.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
These are humans and they will find a way to work the system to their benefit.

QFT

The problem is this does not fit within the realm of liberal logic. They think the GOP are a bunch of cyborgs/robots and that you people will actually abide by a law simply because it exits. One example, gun control. Liberals really think that making guns illegal is going to lower gun ownership and therfore violent crime. Same logic is being applied here.

Liberals don't understand the concept of free will. Its that very thing that is the Achilles Heal of the liberal agenda. You can't force people to do anything through laws and legislation.

fuzzybabybunny

Jan 2, 2006
Bahhumbug. They want to not pay into the insurance/system, and then wait until they get sick and need it, then expect to get covered like the people that have been paying into it for years and years without using it, having it to ...omg ....insure against getting sick. I personally think there should be an exception for children born with problems because it's not like they can make the choice, but if you are an adult, and choose to wait until you are sick to get insurance than sucks to be you, just like it sucks to be me if the same thing happens. Our approach to medicine and paying for it is all fucked up, and the only reason people even get insurance now is because even just going to a doctor for a visit, and getting a prescription is too expensive. We need to do something to drive down the cost of actual care, not the insurance. Insurance is ridiculously expensive because of how people use it, if people used their car insurance every time they changed their tires, or oil, it would be through the fucking roof too.

You and I are talking about the same thing. Health care is far too expensive. Never in my life have I been billed at a rate of $5,000 an HOUR except for in healthcare. Regular doctor's visits are billed at $600 an hour, and that's on the low side (a worthless 10 minute doctor's visit was billed at $150). What I paid was less, of course, due to having insurance, but jeez, as of now insurance is the ONLY way to pay for healthcare because no one else can afford it otherwise.

Imagine if insurance was the only option to get your car serviced because an oil change costs $300 and mechanics charge $2000 an hour.

The cost of healthcare and the lack of transparency and difficulty in finding out these costs beforehand really need to be fixed. I envision people being able to go to a price comparison website and shop for healthcare based on publicly advertised prices between providers that regular consumers have rated.