Intercom bandit hijacks frequency, has it his way at Burger King drive-through

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

NetWareHead

THAT guy
Aug 10, 2002
:evil: Haha I did this by accident once with an old cordless phone I was trying to fix. I made a new antenna for it out of an unbent clothes hanger and to my surprise I was able to pick up every cordless phone on my block. I could mess with people and listen to their conversations. Man the secrets I discovered with that phone, affairs my neighbors were having, phone sex, business deals etc... The fun ended one day when my dad passed by my room and recognized our neighbors voices on speakerphone. Damn! :frown::D

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: NetWareHead
:evil: Haha I did this by accident once with an old cordless phone I was trying to fix. I made a new antenna for it out of an unbent clothes hanger and to my surprise I was able to pick up every cordless phone on my block. I could mess with people and listen to their conversations. Man the secrets I discovered with that phone, affairs my neighbors were having, phone sex, business deals etc... The fun ended one day when my dad passed by my room and recognized our neighbors voices on speakerphone. Damn! :frown::D
I discovered our baby monitor has a much longer range than advertised. I heard a baby crying one day, went to go check on our daughter and found her sound asleep. Figured out it was our neighbor's baby crying 4 houses down.

I'm going to have to slap some batteries in one of the receivers and drive around the neighborhood someday. :D

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
LOL...too bad I haven't been to the Rochester Burger King in quite some time (I imagine it's that one, at least)...that would've been amusing :D

Fiera

Jan 31, 2002
haha, I did this with a set of walkie talkies I had. Went playing around the neighborhood one day and heard the 'perfict angel' daughter having phone sex with her boyfriend.

Originally posted by: NetWareHead

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
"And then?"

"NO AND THEN?"

"And thennnnnnnnn?"

"NO AND THEN!"

"AND THEN!"

"NO AND THEN!!"

Dudd

Platinum Member
Aug 3, 2001
We did this at an amusement park one day. Lots of fun saying random stuff to employees, and then just getting a string of expletives back. Even better to correct their foul mouths and then they'd let some more fly. Ah, how to pass the hour in line for the star rollercoaster.

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
o man, time to learn some stuff. mcdonalds would be SO fun to mess with!!!!!!!

as would six-flags! damn i need to figure this out.

to bad the school PA system is hardwired, now if it was wireless, i would be ALL over it.

oo, but they do have walkie talkies @ school. time to have fun with those.

MIKE

PoPPeR

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2002
Originally posted by: Fiera
haha, I did this with a set of walkie talkies I had. Went playing around the neighborhood one day and heard the 'perfict angel' daughter having phone sex with her boyfriend.

:camera:?

skychief

Jan 3, 2003
Man we use to do this all the time back in the late eighties. I had a friend with a CB in his car that would work on drive thrus and the intercom at the local pool. We would announce a pool check about every twenty minutes just so we could watch the girls climb up and down the ladders to get out of the pool. Man, to be a teenager again.

Vonkhan

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
LMAO ... now there's a prank worth imitating. gonna try and dig up some reseources on what i need and what i gotta do :D ... unless some1 already has it all figured out and would like to post the details ;)

MDE

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Originally posted by: nourdmrolNMT1
o man, time to learn some stuff. mcdonalds would be SO fun to mess with!!!!!!!

as would six-flags! damn i need to figure this out.

to bad the school PA system is hardwired, now if it was wireless, i would be ALL over it.

oo, but they do have walkie talkies @ school. time to have fun with those.

MIKE
My high school had a phone-based PA system and there was ONE cordless phone in the school. Needless to say on our last day a couple friends 'borrowed' the phone and they played the opening song from Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back for the entire school while driving around the parking lot :).

NetWareHead

THAT guy
Aug 10, 2002
Originally posted by: MonkeyDriveExpress
My high school had a phone-based PA system and there was ONE cordless phone in the school. Needless to say on our last day a couple friends 'borrowed' the phone and they played the opening song from Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back for the entire school while driving around the parking lot :).[/quote]

LMAO :beer:

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
hmm, maybe i should get in trouble, and get sent down to the assitant principles office, and take not of the model number, etc of the pa system. then research how it works.

MIKE

fredtam

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
I've been looking into Hypersonic sound to see if I can drive my neighbor insane. Being able to send voices to him with no one else able to here them would be awesome. Not to mention the "messages from god" I could give other people.

AlienCraft

Lifer
Nov 23, 2002
Originally posted by: sygyzy
Originally posted by: AlienCraft
Those belt pak transmitters they have are very common in the industry. The frq. selection isn't that wide either. Swipe one from one store and watch the hijinks! Impress your friends!

Your idea to pull this great prank is to STEAL one of the devices? Wow. Talk about skilled.
Using your target's actual hardware is actually the first and best option. Thank you for your interest.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
There ya go... isn't this much more fun and less damaging than hacking $#it on the Internet ?

CrazyDe1

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: yellowfiero
Thursday, January 8, 2004

Police are seeking the person who took control of a food-ordering speaker -- like this one in Detroit -- at a Burger King in Troy.

TROY ? Customers at a Troy Burger King are getting something extra with their orders that?s a little harder to swallow than a Whopper.

Police are looking for the person who has found a way to broadcast on the same frequency as a Burger King drive-through speaker, and has interrupted business transactions three times, most recently Tuesday, with obscene remarks to startled customers.

When the 41-year-old manager went outside to apologize to customers and look for the source of the salty talk, a voice boomed out of the outdoor speaker: ?There?s nothing you or the police can do about this, so get your fat ass back inside and take your goons with you,? according to Troy Police Lt. Gerry Scherlinck.

Police suspect the calls are being made by a radio transmitter or walkie-talkie near the restaurant.

Kevin Barnes, a spokesman for Michigan Multi King, which owns the restaurant, said his company wants to keep the incidents low-key.

?It?s rare, but I?ve heard this has happened at other businesses,? he said.

Illegal use of a telecommunications device is a misdemeanor in Troy.

Text

We used to do this in college all the time...one time we told some lady we didn't want her business and to go next door to mcey d's...at which time we went over there too and were on the mcey d's mic

The guy looked up the frequencies in some book and a whole bunch of us in the dorms would go and talk sh1t over the mics