Intel's 'Pineview' Atom CPU Has Integrated Graphics, Integrated Memory Controller

AuDioFreaK39

Aug 7, 2006
twitter.com
Looks like netbooks are going to get a lot quieter thanks to an IMC and IGP on Intel's new Atom processors:

Last week, we noted that the second quarter of this year will bring an abundant variety of netbooks featuring Intel's Atom N280 processor and GN40 HD-capable chipset. Additionally, however, Intel is planning to launch the successor to the current Atom lineup in the second quarter with its 45nm Pineview-M single processors based on Lincroft System on a Chip (SoC) low-power architecture.

No Self Promotion

esquared
Anandtech Senior Moderator

Denithor

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2004
You could at least put a Fud warning in your subtitle...

This could be useful if Intel can finally do away with the sluggish 945GC northbridge and get some decent memory bandwidth for these cpus. But honestly, from what I've seen a low end single-core AMD chip does a better job in most tasks than even the dual core Atom while using just a bit more power. If AMD can pair that with a lower-power chipset with the needed funtionality they'll have a win on their hands.

AuDioFreaK39

Aug 7, 2006
twitter.com
Originally posted by: Denithor

This could be useful if Intel can finally do away with the sluggish 945GC northbridge and get some decent memory bandwidth for these cpus.

What's wrong with Fud? The information is all accurate when cross-referenced with HKEPC Hardware's Chinese article.

And Pineview does away with the 945GC northbridge, as the memory controller is now integrated into the CPU. lol read the article.

Idontcare

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: AuDioFreaK39
What's wrong with Fud?

History, which you are quite aware of so the rhetorical question need not be asked.

Yes we know you wrote the article and you write other articles for Fud. We are all hopeful that contributors such as yourself will continue to prove by your growing record that history is ready to be retired to the history books and we can look to Fud links without dismay.

Give it time, be more passive on the rebuttals as it is your rebuttal that will be remembered in future OP's regarding links to fud rather than the contents of those links. Do not let AuDioFreaK39 and Fud links become synonymous with flamebait.

If there is quality in the links, then over time it will become self-evident and you will notice the propensity of folks to cry shens will decline. Just some friendly advice.

FWIW I have come to rely on Fud for the latest info, they have replaced TheINQ in my quicklinks as that place went nowhere quick once Mike sold-out and left town. I haven't read a Fud story in a long time that turned out to be true FUD. They (and you) have garnered my respect.

Don't get into "prove fud sucks or shut up" contests, fud and you will only prolong the healing process if you do that. Give the others some time and room to align their opinions of Fud with the present-day Fud and not the Fud of days past.

Idontcare

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: AuDioFreaK39
Originally posted by: Denithor

This could be useful if Intel can finally do away with the sluggish 945GC northbridge and get some decent memory bandwidth for these cpus.

What's wrong with Fud? The information is all accurate when cross-referenced with HKEPC Hardware's Chinese article.

And Pineview does away with the 945GC northbridge, as the memory controller is now integrated into the CPU. lol read the article.

Here's a prime example of what's wrong with FUD:

3.16 GHz Yorkfield based Xeon to launch soon

Written by Fuad Abazovic
Thursday, 29 January 2009 10:57

Q1 2009
Intel plans to launch a faster edition of its current Yorkfield 45nm Core 2 based Xeon and this new CPU will now work at 3.16GHz. Currently the fastest available Yorkfield based Xeon is X3370 at 3.0GHz clock 12MB cache and FSB 1333 was selling for $525, but as of 18th January sells for $317.

The new faster version is Xeon Quad core X3380 that will work at 3.16GHz, has the same FSB 1333 and comes with 12MB cache. This one will be selling for $525 at launch in Q1 and we are quite sure that this won?t happen in January, but this launch should happen before 29th of march before Intel launches its Nehalem based Xeons.

We sure hope that Nehalem will change some pricing in server renting space as Quad core Kentsfield still costs an arm and leg, not to mention Yorkfield and higher clock CPUs.

http://www.fudzilla.com/index....iew&id=11745&Itemid=66

This info regarding top-speed XEON's is just plain wrong. What's worse is the info on what is the fastest XEON's is publicly available...Fuad couldn't even be bothered to do some homework before posting his article.

45nm Quad-core XEON's

3.4GHz Intel® Xeon® Processor X5492

3.33GHz Intel® Xeon® Processor X5470

3.2GHz Intel® Xeon® Processor X5482

This is classic example of why people sigh when they see a FUD link.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
actually i heard they had plans to make the Q9770.

well i did hear they did have plans. (but they went to 65W instead)

However it would be a 3.2ghz not a 3.16