Intel's latest "NUC" - HD Graphics - Seriously?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
- MacBooks have no ethernet and don't seem to be comical
- Raspberry Pi also has a no ethernet model
- NUC's do offer an ethernet model

What's the problem? SFF obviously has tradeoffs.

- What they said above about 802.11ac --^
- Nobody buys the model A
- We're not talking about the model with ethernet, we're talking about the one mentioned in this thread without it

No ethernet is crap lol.

hans007

Lifer
Feb 1, 2000
- What they said above about 802.11ac --^
- Nobody buys the model A
- We're not talking about the model with ethernet, we're talking about the one mentioned in this thread without it

No ethernet is crap lol.

I would consider myself very technical but most people dont need wired Ethernet.

I dont have a single cable plugged into my router anymore since I sipd mg NAS.

Especially with 802.11 ac etc you can get away without it. Maybe its not quite as fast but how much file transferring are you doing on a network for it to matter that much .

My roku has no Ethernet. Laptop is an hp pro book subnote and does but you could get away without it. My work laptop is a retina macbook that doesn't have it. And if I need one I can get a TB one. I have never used my work laptop on Ethernet. Always on WiFi , code isn't that large to down load if it's just source over wifi

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
I would consider myself very technical but most people dont need wired Ethernet.

I dont have a single cable plugged into my router anymore since I sipd mg NAS.

Especially with 802.11 ac etc you can get away without it. Maybe its not quite as fast but how much file transferring are you doing on a network for it to matter that much .

My roku has no Ethernet. Laptop is an hp pro book subnote and does but you could get away without it. My work laptop is a retina macbook that doesn't have it. And if I need one I can get a TB one. I have never used my work laptop on Ethernet. Always on WiFi , code isn't that large to down load if it's just source over wifi

Yeah and all that stuff comes with wireless. That NUC dosent have anything, you have to either install it yourself or get a USB dongle. I dunno it just seems a bit rubbish, if its got no ethernet it should have wireless out of the box IMO.

TheStu

Moderator<br>Mobile Devices & Gadgets
Sep 15, 2004
Yeah and all that stuff comes with wireless. That NUC dosent have anything, you have to either install it yourself or get a USB dongle. I dunno it just seems a bit rubbish, if its got no ethernet it should have wireless out of the box IMO.

Absolutely. They should have some sort of networking out of the box, even if it's a cheap USB->ethernet dongle.

FwFred

Sep 8, 2011
Right and why dosent it come with that? Absolutely no networking capability out of the box is lousy, even if it is the cheapest model, sucks.

It's a barebones SFF system and you are posting in a barebones forum??? I don't understand the issue. :confused:

Personally, I would buy a GbE version and not purchase/use wifi. Bundled wifi would be wasting money for me.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
It's a barebones SFF system and you are posting in a barebones forum??? I don't understand the issue. :confused:

Personally, I would buy a GbE version and not purchase/use wifi. Bundled wifi would be wasting money for me.

It
dosent
have
ethernet
or
wireless
:whiste:

FwFred

Sep 8, 2011
It
dosent
have
ethernet
or
wireless
:whiste:

Yes, it has Thunderbolt. You can put your GbE at the end of your daisy chain. Or use USB GbE. Or buy a Wifi card.

It obviously wasn't made for you--they sell GbE versions. Every product is not intended to be all things to all people.

Sorry all, I'm feeding the trolls here--I'm done.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
Yes, it has Thunderbolt. You can put your GbE at the end of your daisy chain. Or use USB GbE. Or buy a Wifi card.

It obviously wasn't made for you--they sell GbE versions. Every product is not intended to be all things to all people.

Sorry all, I'm feeding the trolls here--I'm done.

Or it could come with ethernet or wifi to begin with :rolleyes: