Intel X3110 (E8400) - $194.71

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Don66

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2000
I went ahead and ordered yesterday and got a fedex tracking number this morning.

Even Newegg was new and unknown at one time.
Imagine if no one trusted them when that company first started out;)

Don66

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2000
Originally posted by: sofarfrome
Originally posted by: tnguyen88
I ordered a e3110 and it's already on the way. Hopefully an empty box doesn't show up. I'll report back when it shows up.

When did you place the order? I did yesterday afternoon and my tracking from their site still says "in process".

I ordered yesterday morning before 8 am pacific, and got my tracking # this morning.
Chose UPS because it was cheaper, but they sent Fedex which most of the time is a nicer option. (imho)

marmasatt

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003

You guys are all going to be a featured letter to "The Dog" in the next Maximum PC: :D

"Well I took a shot with this new vendor, they claim to have shipped my item 2 months ago, but I haven't gotten the product itself or the refund yet....."

Good luck though. Keep us posted.

BigMoosey74

Dec 18, 2007
Indeed Keep us updated.

Edit: So I did a little research on Moogr.com and was able to track down the owner in another forum. I didn't talk with him but I read a lot of posts regarding him setting up the site. (I will post further information on this later if there are any problems so that people can find him directly... since I am evil like that >:)

I am pretty sure that he uses drop shipping.
"Drop shipping is a supply chain management technique in which the retailer does not keep goods in stock, but instead transfers customer orders and shipment details to wholesalers, who then ship the goods directly to the customer. The retailers make their profit on the difference between the wholesale and retail price."

So judging from owner's posts, it sounds pretty legit. Plus they go through google checkout. I am not sure if that adds any protection but I would't go through google checkout if I had a scam company. The only thing is that there might be unexpected shipment delays since it is not their own stock but rather a wholesaler's that they do not have control over.

I called the phone number on the site and got a real janky message. It is professional in tone but sounds very rough like some dude's voice mail. In my past experiences however, I have ordered from a place where it was a voicemail message from an asian guy with horrible english and then the voicemail box was full. I was scared but I ended up getting my product very quick and as adverstised. Just food for thought.

Other random stuff I found....
Moogr is a very new site...As of 22 Feb the new site was up and running. There was an older version (old.moogr.com) you can check out. What is a head scratcher is that there are no product reviews for ANY product. If he is still building the site, that would help explain it a bit if the review system wasn't set up yet but I sent a note to the sales asking why.

Another thing that I find odd is that he posted to pay for bloggers. I would hope for advertising purposes but I am curious if these hired bloggers are to write fake reviews. I am still "researching" and will update if I find anything else.

lytalbayre

Apr 28, 2005
Well, I ordered from them today. X3350 retail. We'll see what happens. At least I'll have the retail warranty if CS is terrible.

Winterpool

Mar 1, 2008
I'm fairly sure I saw the phrase 'DROP SHIP' at some point in the communications or status reports regarding my order. Can't seem to find it now, however. :roll:

I did a bit of research before placing my order, and much of it matched what BigMoosey found (though I didn't go so far as to ring their number). I wonder how they are able to report inventory figures if they must transmit our orders to a wholeseller. Worrying about their inventory and ability to process orders promptly caused me to pay the extra $3 for 'Express Order Processing', and indeed the item was supposedly shipped within 24 hours of my order.

FedEx is still predicting delivery tomorrow. I'll report then as to what I was actually delivered. As I'm going up to Boston the next day, I won't be able to build anything with it before April. That said, if you're going to use the 'MARCHMADNESS' discount code, I presume you must employ it before next Tuesday.

MysticMan1

Platinum Member
Aug 20, 2000
Originally posted by: BigMoosey74
Indeed Keep us updated.

Edit: So I did a little research on Moogr.com and was able to track down the owner in another forum. I didn't talk with him but I read a lot of posts regarding him setting up the site. (I will post further information on this later if there are any problems so that people can find him directly... since I am evil like that >:)

I am pretty sure that he uses drop shipping.
"Drop shipping is a supply chain management technique in which the retailer does not keep goods in stock, but instead transfers customer orders and shipment details to wholesalers, who then ship the goods directly to the customer. The retailers make their profit on the difference between the wholesale and retail price."

So judging from owner's posts, it sounds pretty legit. Plus they go through google checkout. I am not sure if that adds any protection but I would't go through google checkout if I had a scam company. The only thing is that there might be unexpected shipment delays since it is not their own stock but rather a wholesaler's that they do not have control over.

I called the phone number on the site and got a real janky message. It is professional in tone but sounds very rough like some dude's voice mail. In my past experiences however, I have ordered from a place where it was a voicemail message from an asian guy with horrible english and then the voicemail box was full. I was scared but I ended up getting my product very quick and as adverstised. Just food for thought.

Other random stuff I found....
Moogr is a very new site...As of 22 Feb the new site was up and running. There was an older version (old.moogr.com) you can check out. What is a head scratcher is that there are no product reviews for ANY product. If he is still building the site, that would help explain it a bit if the review system wasn't set up yet but I sent a note to the sales asking why.

Another thing that I find odd is that he posted to pay for bloggers. I would hope for advertising purposes but I am curious if these hired bloggers are to write fake reviews. I am still "researching" and will update if I find anything else.

FWIW: I have seen 3 other sites that were using the same wholesalers as Moogr.com and two of the sites were exactly identical to Moogr.com, but they were selling the E3110 for more than Moogr.com.

BigMoosey74

Dec 18, 2007
I bet they all channel through the same wholesaler so the inventory is sort of competitive in a sense. I think that is where it can fall in the cracks of a backordered product much easier.

They use a certain web set up that does the site layout for them so that is why they all look the same...very cookie cuter like. See if it says ingenuity at the bottom. Lagoom uses it too.

I went ahead and ordered an X3350 from there. I also heard back from the sales email address and it was Byron himslef. SO...seeing that he takes the time to contact people, I feel fairly comfortable with this site.

Postal76

Mar 24, 2008
It'll be interesting to hear back from people who ordered from this site.

Does anyone know if the X3350 will work in a new Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L mobo? Gigabyte's website lists the Q9450 as being supported, but the only Xeon processor on the list is the E3110.

Also, are there any comprehensive, reputable benchmarks online for the Q9450/X3350? I'm trying to figure out if the price delta between the X3350 and the E3110 is worth it for gaming.

lytalbayre

Apr 28, 2005
Originally posted by: Postal76

Does anyone know if the X3350 will work in a new Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L mobo? Gigabyte's website lists the Q9450 as being supported, but the only Xeon processor on the list is the E3110.

Also, are there any comprehensive, reputable benchmarks online for the Q9450/X3350? I'm trying to figure out if the price delta between the X3350 and the E3110 is worth it for gaming.

Well, I ordered the X3350 should be here within a day or two. I have a gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P with latest BIOS revision. I'll tell you if it works or not by next week. :) Or maybe even this Friday.

Winterpool

Mar 1, 2008
FedEx reports that my package has reached the local depot (about twenty or so miles from my location). Delivery will take place tomorrow. I should be reporting back round 9pm EDT (I'll be out on evening shift, heh). Perhaps I'll take Apple pr0n-style unpacking photos...

BigMoosey74

Dec 18, 2007
My order is on the FedEx truck. What is killer is that NCIX prices are at $399. Lets just hope it isn't an open box or a refub or some rubish like that.

Originally posted by: Winterpool
FedEx reports that my package has reached the local depot (about twenty or so miles from my location). Delivery will take place tomorrow. I should be reporting back round 9pm EDT (I'll be out on evening shift, heh). Perhaps I'll take Apple pr0n-style unpacking photos...

Haha, do it. I will be checking back here at 8:55 then :)

lytalbayre

Apr 28, 2005
Ordered mine earlier today. Supposedly it has already shipped 2-day air from Illinois (I'm in CA). I'll let you guys know on Wednesday how the package looks. I would appreciate anyone receiving their chips from Moogr to post here.

Thanks guys.

BigMoosey74

Dec 18, 2007
Originally posted by: Postal76

Look for EMU forums. Someone OCd it but there aren't any bona fide reviews. This should give you an idea of how far you can push the quad.
http://forums.ngemu.com/hardwa...l-screens-warning.html

Winterpool

Mar 1, 2008
Oh blast... the FedEx delivery came earlier than I'd anticipated, and I wasn't in. They've left one of their worthless notices (which they never bother to mark up properly). Of course my wretched flatmates never answer the doorbell...

If the next delivery attempt is also in the morning, I could be in trouble. I'll have to convince someone to answer the door on my behalf tomorrow. Tomorrow's my last chance, as I'll be leaving for Boston that evening.

BigMoosey74

Dec 18, 2007
Ah I hate that. They took it back to the FedEx location? Can you have them deliver it to your work?

FedEx will always leave the box by the door for my apartment. I don't know how I feel about that. It is nice to have it there when you come home but what if someone decides to snatch your package (haha that is dirty)??

I don't mind it with other stuff but having a $300+ dollar package sitting outside for anyone to grab kind of makes me angry. I have thought about testing them and saying that I didn't get the package to see what they do. Evil me.

byronm

Aug 2, 2007
I'm the trouble maker who owns Moogr.com ;)

As others may have read, Moogr.com is Owned by Strasburg Technology Inc which was incorporated in 2006 in PA. We have primarily been an IT services company and are moving on to other projects of which Moogr.com is a rather large one.

I've been using computers for the past 20+ years, from running BBS's to running ERP systems for fortune 500 companies. I've always been an ambitious young chap (which my wife sometimes detests) and Moogr.com is my proud baby - figuratively and literally. The name is from my daughter when she was 2, barely 3 years old would always tell me to get off the "moogr" (stop working on the 'puter) and play with her. Its a dedication to her and i love it.

Ingenuity.net is a critical partner in our site and we love what they have enabled us to do. I would recommend them for any large scale e-commerce project any day of the week.

As for the products, we have relationships with multiple distributors, our own fulfillment facility as well as manufacture direct in some cases (and growing on a daily basis). IF a distributor drops the ball, we will work to correct it asap.

As for our reviews - i've said it before - it takes an honest mistake to get 10 bad reviews and a miracle to get one good review. We sold nearly 75 skus a day of the cpus for the past week across the board and as you can see we have only four recent reseller reviews.

Your feedback is appreciated and again, thanks for choosing us and i hope the mods don't mind me jumping into a thread about us. I tend to get to pro-active sometimes.

byronm

Aug 2, 2007
Originally posted by: BigMoosey74
I don't mind it with other stuff but having a $300+ dollar package sitting outside for anyone to grab kind of makes me angry. I have thought about testing them and saying that I didn't get the package to see what they do. Evil me.

Cheating us will just make it more expensive for others to buy cpus in the future. :)

If you're not around to receive mail, put it in the order notes. We gladly tell fedex/ups what to do with packages.

nyker96

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
Originally posted by: byronm
I'm the trouble maker who owns Moogr.com ;)

As others may have read, Moogr.com is Owned by Strasburg Technology Inc which was incorporated in 2006 in PA. We have primarily been an IT services company and are moving on to other projects of which Moogr.com is a rather large one.

I've been using computers for the past 20+ years, from running BBS's to running ERP systems for fortune 500 companies. I've always been an ambitious young chap (which my wife sometimes detests) and Moogr.com is my proud baby - figuratively and literally. The name is from my daughter when she was 2, barely 3 years old would always tell me to get off the "moogr" (stop working on the 'puter) and play with her. Its a dedication to her and i love it.

Ingenuity.net is a critical partner in our site and we love what they have enabled us to do. I would recommend them for any large scale e-commerce project any day of the week.

As for the products, we have relationships with multiple distributors, our own fulfillment facility as well as manufacture direct in some cases (and growing on a daily basis). IF a distributor drops the ball, we will work to correct it asap.

As for our reviews - i've said it before - it takes an honest mistake to get 10 bad reviews and a miracle to get one good review. We sold nearly 75 skus a day of the cpus for the past week across the board and as you can see we have only four recent reseller reviews.

Your feedback is appreciated and again, thanks for choosing us and i hope the mods don't mind me jumping into a thread about us. I tend to get to pro-active sometimes.

since you are a member here like us, maybe you can give a 10% discount? :]