Intel says flaw in Series 6 Sandy Bridge chipsets

Page 18 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
No. Intel is shipping the revised chipset to board manufacturers on the 14th. The board manufacturers still have to receive the revised chipsets then assemble new motherboards with the revised chipsets in them.

and most likely, as I've seen stated elsewhere, big OEM's (Dell, HP, etc) will get the first of the shipments. I suspect that RMA boards will be the last of the group as profits must be protected first! :p

StinkyPinky

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2002
No. Intel is shipping the revised chipset to board manufacturers on the 14th. The board manufacturers still have to receive the revised chipsets then assemble new motherboards with the revised chipsets in them.

Oh ok. That makes sense. I should have thought of that.

zod96

Platinum Member
May 28, 2007
I bet at the earliest we will see the updated boards in our hands will be early march...

stahlhart

Super Moderator Graphics Cards
Dec 21, 2010
I bet at the earliest we will see the updated boards in our hands will be early march...

order.JPG

I guess I'll believe it when I see it (on the doorstep).

marmasatt

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003
I had heard about this but hadn't paid much attention. I was going to go buy a 2500K at Microcenter tomorrow. So there is not a single retail Sandybridge that works, P67/H67 at all? If so, glad I stumbled upon this.

LiuKangBakinPie

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2011
No I think Intel will want to get it out there as soon as possible. Remember SB has just launched. It blow s everything out of the water and is at a good price. Everyday their loosing money to the competition. Time is money so dont expect them to take their time on this

PreferLinux

Dec 29, 2010
I had heard about this but hadn't paid much attention. I was going to go buy a 2500K at Microcenter tomorrow. So there is not a single retail Sandybridge that works, P67/H67 at all? If so, glad I stumbled upon this.
They all work fine. It's just the SATA2 ports may slow down after a while.

marmasatt

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003
They all work fine. It's just the SATA2 ports may slow down after a while.

Well you can't find any. And if you do, they are not revised editions, obviously is what I'm getting at. Went to the MC and Newegg webistes last night, and neither site has a single board? Pretty much all boards are affected?

Last edited:

solarissf

Jan 30, 2011
here's a question I'm afraid to ask ASUS... can I keep my board until the new versions are created... then send it in months from now for a replacement... or do they want their bad board now, and expect us to go pc'less for months till the new one is created?

thoughts?

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
here's a question I'm afraid to ask ASUS... can I keep my board until the new versions are created... then send it in months from now for a replacement... or do they want their bad board now, and expect us to go pc'less for months till the new one is created?

thoughts?

I think you can keep it till new ones come back. You can also send it back for a refund and put that toward a Z68 chipset board ;)

Anomaly1964

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2010
I think you can keep it till new ones come back. You can also send it back for a refund and put that toward a Z68 chipset board ;)

Yes, if you give them a CC number, they will send the new board then you send the defective one back...

Soundmanred

Lifer
Oct 26, 2006
My SATA2 ports on my P67A-UD3 died today. :(
The drives were fine, they just disappeared and when I rebooted only the SATA3 port drives were detected.
Luckily I have a PCI SATA card that I moved a couple drives to, but I still have two unimportant drives left unhooked.
The SATA 3 ports are going strong and the PCI card is good, so I can wait until the exchange.
I still love the SB!