Question Intel Rapid Storage Program - SMART events

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
I installed a Corsair Force MP510 drive in the M.2 slot of my PC (in sig) several months ago. The PC works great, I have not run into any issues (knocks on wood) and everything is peachy... but for some reason the Intel Rapid Storage Technology program keeps telling me my MP510 drive is returning a SMART event after cold booting.

It states the drive is "At Risk" but if I run the Corsair SSD toolbox, its SMART status function says the SMART status is "OK".

I only have a bunch of games on the drive, nothing critical that requires immediate back-up, but the regular SMART pop-ups are a little nerve wracking.

Anyone know whats up?

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
If Corsair's utility says the drive is in good health, I wouldn't worry about it. You can always run a utility like Crystal Disk Info to double-check the drive's health if you want peace of mind.

I quite even installing Intel Rapid Storage years ago because it just isn't even needed at all (for most users). The last time I used it was when I was trying to figure out why all of my 850 EVO SSDs were performing way below their expected performance. It turned out it the culprit was Intel's storage driver. Once I reverted the PCs back to using Microsoft's generic storage driver, all the drive's performance increased where it should have been.