Question Intel OPA

navinjsheth

Nov 28, 2020
Are AMD processors supported on Intel OPA products please ??

Na

Moved from hot deals.

AT Mod Usandthem

Last edited by a moderator:

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
What's an "OPA" product? I've heard of an OPN, which I think stands for "Ordering Product Number".

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
While we're asking, I'm also curious if the official "Intel Gig+ Wifi" (AX200 desktop bundle kit) works on AM4 / Zen.

Hitman928

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2012
As far as I know the answer is no. Anything that was made pre-omni path spinoff is intel only. There's a possibility that after spinning of the division into its own company that future products will be compatible with AMD/ARM/whoever, but I'm not aware of any market available products from that new company at this time.

SarahKerrigan

Oct 12, 2014
As far as I know the answer is no. Anything that was made pre-omni path spinoff is intel only. There's a possibility that after spinning of the division into its own company that future products will be compatible with AMD/ARM/whoever, but I'm not aware of any market available products from that new company at this time.

There's already a cluster (LLNL's Mammoth) that has been announced to be using Epyc and the Interconnect Formerly Known as OPA - so it's at least available to someone. Obviously "LLNL can order it" is a little different from "you can buy it off the shelf", of course.