Article Intel 10nm++ Tiger Lake-H CPUs Coming to Hi-Perf Gaming Laptops in 2021

uzzi38

Platinum Member
Oct 16, 2019

Intel finally decided to lock down TGL-H in their roadmap it seems. I agree with the article for the most part, we're looking at around Q4 2020 to Q1 2021. I don't think much later than that, as we'd end up stepping on ADL-P's toes otherwise, and I'm confident not any earlier than that.

That gives us techincal documents for "Rocket Lake UP3", Alder Lake S and now Tiger Lake-H, which is some pretty strong signs all of them are heppning.

Reactions: vstar

vstar

May 8, 2019

Intel finally decided to lock down TGL-H in their roadmap it seems. I agree with the article for the most part, we're looking at around Q4 2020 to Q1 2021. I don't think much later than that, as we'd end up stepping on ADL-P's toes otherwise, and I'm confident not any earlier than that.

That gives us techincal documents for "Rocket Lake UP3", Alder Lake S and now Tiger Lake-H, which is some pretty strong signs all of them are heppning.

Color me surprised. I wasn't sure we'd see any H-series class chips until ADL-P.

This is probably good news in terms of yields and clocks on their 10++ process.

Reactions: uzzi38

uzzi38

Platinum Member
Oct 16, 2019
Color me surprised. I wasn't sure we'd see any H-series class chips until ADL-P.

This is probably good news in terms of yields and clocks on their 10++ process.
I wasn't certain either, but the rumours have been floating around for a few months that the chips exist (even if they might not hit the market). And yeah, it's definitely a good sign for 10++.

lobz

Platinum Member
Feb 10, 2017
I updated my post for a reason lol. I'm just gonna go with more cores and less iGPU for now ahahaha

I don't want to take any bets with how things are at the moment.
I understand you completely. Note that I also didn't say it was impossible :))

uzzi38

Platinum Member
Oct 16, 2019
What do you guys think the die size of an 8C+32EU TGL-H part would be?
Assuming everything else (IPU, IMC, Display engine, PCIE lanes etc) remain the same as TGL-U, probably about an extra 20-30mm^2 or so for just the increased core count and lower EU count.

But then, -H and -S also often share dies, so there's a high chance no. of PCIe lanes etc will be much higher, which could add on a bit extra on top. Overall, I'd probably guess between about 180mm^2 and 200m^2 or something along those lines. Maybe more, maybe less, but that's beacuse the TGL-U die has so many extra features I don't really know what they'd want to cut.

Last edited:

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Why not? This is a pretty big move from Intel, locking in Tiger Lake-H is a significant move.
And we have a thread for that. It’s a leak, doesn’t mean it’s gone to happen - could be something in test only. We just don’t know. It’s not even confirmed that TGL is 10++.

uzzi38

Platinum Member
Oct 16, 2019
Sorry, that's not me! :)
Fair enough, the names are fairly similar. Whelp, only person that can verify my die size claim is @OriAr then (the die shot I sent you a while ago about the other chip should line up somewhat close to what I posted here as an expectation for TGL-H, but just to check, it sound about right to you?)

Last edited: