installed 9500 pro..having probs

CamNeely

Oct 28, 2002
I installed my new ATI radeon 9500 pro today, and it was installed properly. I installed all necessary drivers(dx8.1, vid driver, capture driver, via drivers..etc.). When I run a test in the ati configuration software, it states the following: "DirectX components are not installed properly", and "Capture driver INF files are not installed". They both are installed, but the prog disagrees. When I run 3dmark2001se, my pc locks during the third test, Dragothic low detail. I can't seem to find the problem. My pc was o/c'ed, but I brought it back down and retried file install with same results. I would really appreciate any help. Thanks.

CamNeely

Oct 28, 2002
*update* Now there are 2 radeon 9500's listed in the device manager. I uninstall both, reinstall drivers, restart, and picks up a second card again.. I'm lost.

bikinistud

May 31, 2002
I guess the only thing to do is to reinstall the os.
By the way what:

*os are you using.
*Drivers are you using

Also, in a last hope not to reinstall the os, download dx9 and the dx9 drivers from ATi.

Sorry I can't help more but I don't have a 9500 pro.(wish i did. where did you get yours?)

hope this helps!

EdipisReks

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2000
don't reformat your hard drive becuase of a video card problem
rolleye.gif
what kind of video card did you have installed before? did you completely get rid of all previous drivers?

CamNeely

Oct 28, 2002
Previous card was GF3 Ti500. I removed the drivers and the card from device manager before ati install.

Wolfsraider

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002
Originally posted by: CamNeely
*update* Now there are 2 radeon 9500's listed in the device manager. I uninstall both, reinstall drivers, restart, and picks up a second card again.. I'm lost.

there are supposed to be two

just install the software and hook up your monitors

you did remove all traces of the nvidia drivers first right?use det destroyer then set to a standard agp card reboot then load drivers

hth

mike get the detonator destroyer here

CamNeely

Oct 28, 2002
I removed the drivers, used detonator destroyer but it detected nothing, and reinstalled everything. I still have the same problem. I'd try updating my bios, but I can't see the screen that displays it. I've tried using the "pause" key, but the screen doesn't even appear to be able to pause it. This is frustrating. Thanks for the advice so far.

CamNeely

Oct 28, 2002
bikinistud- Win2k..catalyst 2.5...I ordered it direct from ATI, and I will try dx9. Didn't know where to find it. Thanks. Won't download the files, server must be stuffed.

Nov 12, 2002
i told ya.. i was right. his registry is so messed up at this point, it's better off with the C:\format.
c:\format will take care you good...

Glitchny

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2002
dont reformat i know the problem, thread was on ehre a couple dayts ago, happened ot me with the 9700pro.... in xp u have to go

Start>>control pannel>>administrative services >> services >> and then find "ATI Smart" and enable it and then set it to auto start. fixed all my problems

glitch