INSOMNIACS: Best way to counteract soda crash?

AnthroAndStargate

Golden Member
Oct 7, 2005
How do my fellow insomniacs counteract soda crashes. Do you plan long term and supplement with coffee or caffeine pills about 30-50min after the soda? Do you drink a ton of water so you pee so much you couldn't even begin to be tired?

Do you run 3 miles at 3AM?

Please don't post if you are going to say:
1) Don't drink soda - it's bad - it makes you sleepy, etc. etc. When you pull multiple all nighters all the time you drink what tastes good.
2) Get some sleep. That is what death is for.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Soda crash? Wow.

n00b. :p

I'd have to drink like 4 Mt. Dews to even get a buzz these days. Come to think of it, I'll rarely drink soda as of late... energy drinks are my carbonated beverage of choice.

Blayze

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2000
Xanax

Also if soda makes you not sleep, then stop drinking it before you plan to go to bed.

AnthroAndStargate

Golden Member
Oct 7, 2005
Eli - That is kind of how I am.

Even energy drinks don't do anything. If I need to stay up for 1-3 days I can just "tell" my body that I have to stay up for whatever reason and I usually wont be sleepy.

I swear that I've had some of the deepest philosophical revelations in those liminal zones between insanity and sanity around 4-5AM.

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: AnthroAndStargate

Even energy drinks don't do anything. If I need to stay up for 1-3 days I can just "tell" my body that I have to stay up for whatever reason and I usually wont be sleepy.

I swear that I've had some of the deepest philosophical revelations in those liminal zones between insanity and sanity around 4-5AM.

Why the hell do you NEED to stay up for 3 days?

Gunslinger08

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: BigJ

Didn't you hear? Halo 3 came out an hour ago.

AnthroAndStargate

Golden Member
Oct 7, 2005

Procrastination, course work, money work, a self inflicted enjoyment of insomnia?

I'd rather surf the web and get my stuff done then just get my stuff done and sleep. I feel like a robot if all I do is work, sleep, and eat. I'd rather enjoy life a little more now then be 80 and not have much to remember because I worked and slept all the time. But that is just my opinion :) to each his own

Originally posted by: joshsquall

Didn't you hear? Halo 3 came out an hour ago.

LOL. Good point. This is a timely thread then I guess.

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001

Procrastination, course work, money work, a self inflicted enjoyment of insomnia?

I'd rather surf the web and get my stuff done then just get my stuff done and sleep. I feel like a robot if all I do is work, sleep, and eat. I'd rather enjoy life a little more now then be 80 and not have much to remember because I worked and slept all the time. But that is just my opinion :) to each his own

Get your shit together then, and possibly get a psych eval.

But if you seriously need to stay up for 3 days (and you go to college), talk to the right people.

Auric

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Crystal Meth FTW (AKA lose). You're 'fessing to using drugs with the intention of staying awake so why go at it half arsed? You obviously don't care about the negative health consequences or sustained quality of life.