Inside Out BD on TotalMedia Theatre 6

MrChad

Lifer
Aug 22, 2001
My HTPC has Arcsoft TMT 6 installed and has played pretty much any Blu Ray I've thrown at it. I got Inside Out this week and it refuses to play. It reads the disc then just shows a black screen. The software is unresponsive when I try to close it and I have to force close the application. The disc is fine because it plays without issue on my Sony standalone player.

I have the latest patch installed, but with TMT6 abandoned there's no hope of support. Any ideas from TMT6 owners?

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Disney has always been rather brutish about their AACS versioning. If I had to guess, Inside Out has a newer version of AACS than TMT6 is capable of supporting, which means it will never work. One way to test it is downloading something like MakeMKV, which will show you the AACS version when you insert the disc.

MrChad

Lifer
Aug 22, 2001
Thanks for the tip. I'll check MakeMKV. Would AnyDVD HD help this situation? Is AnyDVD only for BluRay rips or will it work for discs I put in?

On a side note, how does this work with standalone players? I know that my Sony player is at least 5 years old and hasn't had an update in a few years. I would think that they would have the same issues as software players in terms of DRM updates.

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
FWIW I ripped Inside Out with MakeMKV and it works great. Have been taking that approach with all my BD's since TMT went belly up.

Daughter has watched it a dozen times already, though. :s

DesiPower

Lifer
Nov 22, 2008
I use passkey to get the ISO and then play the ISO, then mount the ISO on demon and then play the drive on TMT, that's the favorite way to go. I had a few, very rare problems this route. One I remember was Hunger games part 2, in middle of playing I got some copyright related message...

Second route is MakeMKV, its worked every time... but IIRC mkv does not pay on TMT

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I use passkey to get the ISO and then play the ISO, then mount the ISO on demon and then play the drive on TMT, that's the favorite way to go. I had a few, very rare problems this route. One I remember was Hunger games part 2, in middle of playing I got some copyright related message...

Second route is MakeMKV, its worked every time... but IIRC mkv does not pay on TMT

Yeah, the video quality has horrible tearing. MPC-HC is smooth as silk, though.

poofyhairguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2005

At the point you are using MakeMKV you might as well just join the 21st century and trade the optical disk management for a Kodi-driven media box streaming Blu Ray rips on demand from a mediaserver.

DesiPower

Lifer
Nov 22, 2008
I do have a plex server. But sometimes I like to enjoy the entire disk I paid for, like extras, jump to scenes, etc, that's when I use TMT. Mkvs go to plex server

poofyhairguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2005
I do have a plex server. But sometimes I like to enjoy the entire disk I paid for, like extras, jump to scenes, etc, that's when I use TMT.

You can rip off each extra into their own MKV if you want with MakeMKV. Or hell just rip Blu Ray ISOs.