Inflation is Through the Roof - Whats Biden Admin's First Priority? Stockholders, of course!

Nov 8, 2012
Inflation is through the roof on multiple common goods - all of which effect your average everyday people. A thread was already made on Chicken Wings... which understand - it isn't a chicken wing thing... It's the entire bird. Prices for chicken is up 30%+. The other most well-known one is for wood/lumber. It's up over 300%. Gasoline/oil is also sharply increasing 30%+

Pilgrims Pride is one of the nation's largest chicken producing companies. They can't find enough workers - even after raising the salary. So what do you get with that? DRASTIC investment into automation to eliminate those low-skilled jobs, of course!

It's no question that with all of this drastic inflation - we should be raising rates. Janet Yellen even suggested it... Then when the stock market reacted with some negativity yesterday (5/2). The stock market started to fall (300+ on DOW) and she immediately retracted her statement lol. Stockholders first priority, ya know? You get it, you get it...

If you haven't realized yet - making ridiculous unemployment bills where you simply get $600+ each week for simply being on unemployment... it doesn't exactly seem appealing to earn $600/week with an actual labor-job. Don't believe me and think people would LOVE to come back to work for the same amount or slightly above? You can find TONS of examples at reddit. It's a no-brainer.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Your own article disproves your claim that chicken is the victim of inflation, it's just increased demand. That's the same with gas - production was kept low during the pandemic, demand has surged as everything is opening up, and production has not been adjusted enough. Lumber is part of a boom in housing and construction in general such as upgrades to homes, or haven't you heard?

None of those three products price increases has anything to do with inflation.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Your own article disproves your claim that chicken is the victim of inflation, it's just increased demand. That's the same with gas - production was kept low during the pandemic, demand has surged as everything is opening up, and production has not been adjusted enough. Lumber is part of a boom in housing and construction in general such as upgrades to homes, or haven't you heard?

None of those three products price increases has anything to do with inflation.

You are dealing with the biggest fucking moron on this site and his post is just another example of his stupidity.

Based off of how many other posts he’s made today then I assume he’s drunk again.

VW MAN

Jun 27, 2020
Inflation is through the roof on multiple common goods - all of which effect your average everyday people. A thread was already made on Chicken Wings... which understand - it isn't a chicken wing thing... It's the entire bird. Prices for chicken is up 30%+. The other most well-known one is for wood/lumber. It's up over 300%. Gasoline/oil is also sharply increasing 30%+

Pilgrims Pride is one of the nation's largest chicken producing companies. They can't find enough workers - even after raising the salary. So what do you get with that? DRASTIC investment into automation to eliminate those low-skilled jobs, of course!

It's no question that with all of this drastic inflation - we should be raising rates. Janet Yellen even suggested it... Then when the stock market reacted with some negativity yesterday (5/2). The stock market started to fall (300+ on DOW) and she immediately retracted her statement lol. Stockholders first priority, ya know? You get it, you get it...

If you haven't realized yet - making ridiculous unemployment bills where you simply get $600+ each week for simply being on unemployment... it doesn't exactly seem appealing to earn $600/week with an actual labor-job. Don't believe me and think people would LOVE to come back to work for the same amount or slightly above? You can find TONS of examples at reddit. It's a no-brainer.

Moron level 10! What's your next idiotic post gonna be about? Will it get you enough points to make it to moron level 11.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I'll let others argue against your first claim. What I don't see is evidence you've presented that the Biden admin's priority is stockholders.

What you didn’t hear? Biden is looking to wave patent protections for covid vaccines! That shows you just how much he cares about shareholders!/s

For people who aren’t idiots and would like to see inflation data, you can view it here:

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
You are dealing with the biggest fucking moron on this site and his post is just another example of his stupidity.

Based off of how many other posts he’s made today then I assume he’s drunk again.
Are you a moron or just a complete idiot? Are you a person or just a complete human? Are you a mammal or just a fur-covered animal with nipples? Were you born in the United States or are you an American?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

I saw two mockingbirds this morning. I think everything is OK

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Trump and his ilk (OP) were warned by literally every economist in the fucking world what would happen with punitive tariffs and useless trade wars.

And now that that warning has come to be reality what do we hear? Outrage at everything EXCEPT what is actually causing the shortages and inflation (Trump's stupid fucking tariffs and trade wars).

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The best way to suppress the unconscious agony of self contempt, when things get too relaxed and a sense of doom begins to surface, is to engage in some emotional outburst of condemnation against somebody or something. This gets you closer to some past traumatic vent without it coming into consciousness and thereby bleeds off anxiety.

The really shitty thing about hating yourself is that in addition to the demoralization and the joy of life it steals away is the additional misery of feeling we deserve it. Feeling that and being in terror of challenging it really makes people mean.

Would love to accommodate you sOmeOne and get all outraged back, but on my way I keep remembering a certain 🍓

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Between the pandemic and Shit Stain 45 we have a lot of stuff to fix.

We’ve had a lot to fix for decades and republicans have been there every step of the way to block it. They don’t offer alternatives, they just obstruct. Sedition shouldn’t have been a surprise to anyone as they’ve been anti democratic for decades.

Last edited:

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
For over a decade Central Banks have been trying to keep Inflation at 2%...so far they have only occasionally reached that goal. There is no current threat from Inflation.

Nov 8, 2012
For over a decade Central Banks have been trying to keep Inflation at 2%...so far they have only occasionally reached that goal. There is no current threat from Inflation.
Yeah, I mean... the 30% and 300% numbers I cited are by no means out of the ordinary lol.

Gonna have to quote this for later when it looks hilarious.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Democrats and inflation go together like peanut butter and jelly. Eventually they wind up making a stagflation pie. Mmmm, mmm, mmm!

Nov 8, 2012
Individual items fluctuate all the time. The only Inflation Rate that matters is the aggregate of the whole, not Individual items.

Yes - and what I'm telling you is that number is changing. That "whole" number isn't something that magically appears instantly overnight. You cant' lookup the value like a Bitcoin value lol.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Yes - and what I'm telling you is that number is changing. That "whole" number isn't something that magically appears instantly overnight. You cant' lookup the value like a Bitcoin value lol.

It is not changing anytime soon.

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
who would have thought Trump's massive deficit spending would come back to haunt us?

what? Tax breaks for the rich! Not bothering to pay the credit card bill? How could that go wrong?!

ps: inflation is real and it is everywhere now

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Democrats and inflation go together like peanut butter and jelly. Eventually they wind up making a stagflation pie. Mmmm, mmm, mmm!

Lol. Sorry traitor, your alternative reality doesn’t apply here in the real world. Now go back to impatiently waiting for the next trump email to arrive in your in box where he asks you for more money.

Nov 8, 2012
who would have thought Trump's massive deficit spending would come back to haunt us?

what? Tax breaks for the rich! Not bothering to pay the credit card bill? How could that go wrong?!

ps: inflation is real and it is everywhere now

Are you high or just incredibly stupid?

Show me on the doll where Trump made massive inflation? The bulk of the deficit was with stimulus lol. So unless you're telling me to take back the stimulus, you're a fool.

Which is typical, no doubt.