Infinity BASSlink powered subwoofer: EDIT: I BOUGHT ONE

murphy55d

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
I would like to add a bit of bass to my car stereo(nothing overpowering, just a solid bassline), and came across this:

Text

Anyone have, or use, or hear one of these? For $209, with a built-in amp, it seems like a good deal. What do you think?
Bought one. see last post.

flot

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2000
I've heard decent things about this sub - I'm sure it's not fantastic, but if space and installation ease are your main priorities, it'll be fine.

rootaxs

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2000
I've had one for a couple of years now. For Sound quality, size and price this system can't be beat. If you're looking for all out SPL - go elsewhere.

I can go on and on with my experience with the Basslink (which is all positive btw), but i figure just ask what you want to know and i'll try to answer it.

I just have one word of advice at this point, don't listen to this at your local audio store and make your conclusions from it - most, if not all, of them put the Basslink out in the open. The 'link was not made to work in an open area. When i heard this in the store it sounded muddy and barely any punch to it - but once installed in the car, it was night and day.

murphy55d

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
I don't listen to my local audio store at all. I went down there looking for a "DECENT" small sub and all the guy would try and sell me were JL W0's and JL amps. $400 for 1 12" and an amp. I was like..uh..no thanks. All I want is a LITTLE bass, and this seems like the all-inclusive thing to get.

If it matters, this will be going into an Olds Bravada SUV.

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Never mind, I didn't see that it had a built-in amp. That considerably limits your choices.

EDIT: Something that small, and sealed, to boot, will be very boomy. Erm, a one-note sub, so-to-speak.

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
I have one in my maxima. Its just enough bass to enjoy music without pissing off the person next to you at the stoplight.

Its a good step up from the bose 8 inch sub in my max that is a POS.

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
overpowering in your car??

NEVER!!!!!

go over to http://www.edesignaudio.com pick up a 12K series, put 400 watts to it, and total will be 400$ and it wont overpower, it will be NICE.
or. go to http://www.respl.com and contact them, order two RE 8's, put them in a ported box, and put about 250 watts to them. it will pound NICE!!!!!! and not be overpowering.

anyother tips, im me @ pball4evr

MIKE

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: iloveme2
built in amp? I don't like that idea, but that's just me.
That's something I didn't think of. If it fries, will you have easy access to the driver terminals (to wire it to a separate amp).

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: nourdmrolNMT1
howard, has your bro powered up the avionixx and sub??? does he like them??

MIKE
Nah, he's a lazy bitch.

OTOH, he still hasn't gotten his new deck from the states yet - his friend forgot to order it. It's a Pioneer DEH-P550MP, as I recall. It's also coming up with the CL-61a from thezeb, so I figure when he gets it all he'll get the wiring done.

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
BTW, I took the box off Viperoni's hands. A solidly-built box, 2cf@30Hz according to him.

murphy55d

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
I'm not spending $400 on a subwoofer and amp. $200, sure.

slag, that's what I'm after. I'm not a basshead, I just want to listen to music and have some bassline. Don't need any headache ear pounding bass.

TheAudit

Diamond Member
May 2, 2003
Originally posted by: murphy55d
I'm not spending $400 on a subwoofer and amp. $200, sure.

slag, that's what I'm after. I'm not a basshead, I just want to listen to music and have some bassline. Don't need any headache ear pounding bass.

I had one put in my fiancee's car.
I (and she) like it.
It sounds fine. It's not overpowering bass although it can get louder than I would have guessed.
It's simple, small and hardly takes up any space.

I would recommend it for an easy, inexpensive solution to add some bass to a car.
If you are an audiohead and crave top-of-the-line or neighborhood rattling sound then forget it. But if you want something that is not going to kill your trunk then go for it.

Shawn

Lifer
Apr 20, 2003

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Seems like a good sub to use for bass "fill." I've had subs in built enclosures before and powered by lots of power from an amp. After a while, I felt like the road noise, etc. was making the experience of enjoying my sounds ... well, less enjoyable. Plus, the theft rate of car audio gear isn't pleasant either. Ironically, a week after I pulled my gear out of my car and sold it, a co-worker's car was broken into and all his gear was stolen. This incident further solidified my opinion against nice audio gear.

Now, I just invest in home audio gear.