Infestation: Survivor Stories

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
Anyone have this game? How is it? Says it's an MMO, I assume free to play with micro transactions?

Edit: Woops, this was supposed to go to PC Gaming.

Last edited by a moderator:

Codewiz

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2002
From what I have read, it appears the company behind it is REALLY really shady.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
http://www.gamespot.com/infestation...-war-z/videos/the-war-z-video-review-6402614/

It's War Z with a name change. War Z had a lot of problems when it came out last year that it had to be pulled from Steam. Then it got back on Steam around February. Not too mention all the hacking (of players accounts) and pay to win model (pay for bullets).

Wow...that video really depresses me about it. :p

I think games that require real money to play in micro-transactions are shady, in general. I totally understand the need for developers to charge money for games. They require a lot of time and work, but things get out of hand with those pay to play models.

Anonemous

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
Wow...that video really depresses me about it. :p

I think games that require real money to play in micro-transactions are shady, in general. I totally understand the need for developers to charge money for games. They require a lot of time and work, but things get out of hand with those pay to play models.

Well the game was a ripoff of the DayZ mod of Arma II (down to the same mechanics without the pay to play model).

Jun 19, 2004
"@griffy2013 well "The WarZ" is now called "infestation survivor stories" aparintly their patent is up and they lost the name"

No thanks. I think I'll pass. This concept has potential though. Hope someone does it right.

Crow550

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Last edited:

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
It's a decent game, and it's much more functional and polished than it was on release. The developers still support it and patch it on a regular basis. It's very challenging. PvP combat is a ton of fun. The in-game cash-shop is bullshit, but fortunately you don't run across many people who are obviously using paid items. It also has a decent UI and doesn't run like garbage, unlike DayZ.

If it's cheap, give it a try. Otherwise I agree you should wait for the DayZ standalone.

Crow550

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Well don't get me wrong if a type of game becomes popular other developers are gonna take a swing at it like GTA style games.

However this just seems like a cheap cash in....

DayZ garbage? Well it is an alpha free mod. I said beta mod but it's actually a step below it. However the price is $0. Unlike WarZ which released it as a paid beta with micro transactions.

However if some people find entertainment with WarZ well hey good for them....

I have two friends who just got it and want me to get it. I told them to play it and report back. Luckily I am a sucker for things that are so bad there hilarious. So I may get it and enjoy it. :D

If it's anything like Aliens: CM which is damn hilarious. Man co-op is fun for all the wrong reasons. This one group we riffed on it and laughed hard. It was great. :p So bad it's charming.

Crow550

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
This game is hilarious. :D If you have friends who don't take everything seriously then and make fun of or out of this crap. It can be enjoyable for all the wrong reasons it intends to be. I laughed pretty hard last night at some of the things that happened.

From beating the crap out of Zombies with metal baseball bats to my friend dying of blood loss and leaving a huge slug like trail of blood when he moved. The sound effects of like jumping or running out of stamina. Or the annoying clicking sound of your flashlight. The Zombie sounds.... This is great. DayZ this mockbuster ain't. OMG. This is worth playing to see how bad this is. I do wanna see more games with the DayZ style but this does have the vibe of cheap cash in.... It really needs to try and separate itself from DayZ and offer some unique stuff.

I say get a big group of buddies and let loose. It's pretty fun-ny. ;)

Last edited: