Inexpensive but reliable Z77 boards

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kasakka

Mar 16, 2013
I am pretty sure 2is has the D3H whereas the review and other sites mention the lack of v core adjustment with the slightly cheaper DS3H

I am trying to confirm if this is true 100% as I wish to overclock (slightly) my soon to be purchased 3570K. Hopefully this helps (me as well!)

Cheers, Liam.

This is correct. That said, on my DS3H I got my 3570K to 4.4 GHz with automatic Vcore varying between 1.20-1.27 under load. 4.5 GHz crashes right after booting Windows, don't know if it'd need some other voltage change for that to work. 4.4 is rock solid.

At least over here the cheapest D3H was around 20€ more expensive than DS3H and hard to find so I didn't bother paying extra just for better overclocking settings considering the DS3H did pretty good IMO.

Thanks to Gigabyte's idiotic naming and making WAY too many models, here's a low down of some of the differences:

GA-Z77-DS3H - no manual Vcore, no SLI support, second full PCI-E slot only x4, Realtek audio
GA-Z77-D3H - same as above but manual Vcore, VIA audio, heatsink on power components
GA-Z77X-D3H - as above but SLI/Crossfire support at x8/x8

After that you just start getting more ports and whatnot. To add to confusion there's mATX and Thunderbolt models of the D3H as well. Seriously Gigabyte, fuck your "board naming committee" and fuck your excessive product range.

2is

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2012
Yes, I have a D3H which has all the basic and some not so basic overclocking options people look for.

PhIlLy ChEeSe

Apr 1, 2013
Doesn't BioStar make a good economy board like the Z77? Just thought I'd toss it out there, I know they were decent lil overclockers before (P45).