Indoor light timers...

jemcam

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2001
I use several of them, and I just use the cheapies that can be bought at Wal-Mart. They work fine. I even use them for my Christmas lights for outdoors.

eLiTeGoodGuy

Golden Member
Jun 6, 2001
Yeah I used to use it to keep a small halogen light lit in our kitchen once it got dark. Also I'm about to order some for work, our Wireless AP are crap. After a while they stop working and they have to be turned off and on. I'll set a couple of these bad boys up. and it will serve dual purposes. 1. Resets the Wireless AP daily 2. Better security by turning off Wireless AP after work hours and weekends. (I found the weekly ones at lowes)

gwrober

Golden Member
Sep 3, 2005
I think I have about 10 of those thru the house, different kinds. Mostly Walgreen/Wal Mart specials.

Mainly for lights.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: WW
for what purpose? temporary christmas lights or permanently control the light?

my house has a few of these...they are awesome, they replace the wall switch, but you can still use it manually by pressing on it:

http://www.intermatic.com/Default.asp?action=subcat&sid=112&cid=43&did=3

I have used the SS7C a long time...had to replace 2 so far though...there are repair posts online...my latest has lasted a long time though turning a light on and off everyday.

I also use a few Intermatic wall 'warts', to set lights when I vacation.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I have a box full of the Intermatic timers from different applications, PLUS, I have a box full of X-10 stuff with the IBM Home automation software that I use infrequently.

Heisenberg

Lifer
Dec 21, 2001
I have a heavy-duty Intermatic one I use to turn the block heater on my Jeep on a few hours before I leave in the morning.