Indie Royale Bundle - Alpha Collection is out

modestninja

Jul 17, 2003
Towns looks kind of interesting. Not sure how I feel about paying for games in the alpha stage though...

natto fire

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2000
Towns looks kind of interesting. Not sure how I feel about paying for games in the alpha stage though...

Worked out well for me when I bought Minecraft for around $9 and now have the full version.

I like the idea that terrain is randomly generated in 3079, I wonder if there are going to be weapons that devastate the landscape, most shots looked somewhat benign in the trailer.

I am curious on this wording as well, it seems to imply the final build is not included? "- you'll get every future version up to the final version when you buy!"

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
You know, I'm getting a little sick of all these games with "throwback" graphics. Some of them have a style all their own and it works, but lately it just seems to be laziness to me. These games specifically just look like absolute garbage but without their own charm. They're just old...

What happened to putting some time into your visuals?

Nightrainsrt4

Nov 18, 2010
You know, I'm getting a little sick of all these games with "throwback" graphics. Some of them have a style all their own and it works, but lately it just seems to be laziness to me. These games specifically just look like absolute garbage but without their own charm. They're just old...

What happened to putting some time into your visuals?
If you are one person developing a game, it becomes extremely difficult to have great graphics and release the game in a timely manner when you have to worry about design, programming, art, sound, interface, etc. The list is just never-ending. I'm there now. I can see why some take major shortcuts on the art; there is just so much to do with everything else, cuts have to be made somewhere. I'd rather see art cut down than gameplay.