Indictments coming...

Page 155 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Speaking of timing, Mueller's in rolling out this plea with Cohen, again just as Trump is getting on a plane for another Putin meeting. The dipshit in the Oval Office is going to start suffering from PTSD every time he climbs on a plane for an international trip if it involves a potential meeting with Putin.

That's going to be a long flight to Argentina. What the extradition situation between Argentina and the US? Asking for a president...lol

Feb 4, 2009
Speaking of timing, Mueller's in rolling out this plea with Cohen, again just as Trump is getting on a plane for another Putin meeting. The dipshit in the Oval Office is going to start suffering from PTSD every time he climbs on a plane for an international trip if it involves a potential meeting with Putin.

That's going to be a long flight to Argentina. What the extradition situation between Argentina and the US? Asking for a president...lol

I had a purely speculative thought.
I wonder if Mueller ramps up activities before Trump meets Putin intentionally? Didn’t he indict a few when Trump was speaking of a US based Puti meeting? Didn’t he file charges before the last G-whatever meeting?

No evidence just speculation on my part.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000

Meeting was called off...and while I usually never give Trump the benefit of any doubt, this was the right move in light of recent Russia-Ukraine events.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Meeting was called off...and while I usually never give Trump the benefit of any doubt, this was the right move in light of recent Russia-Ukraine events.

I agree..The Ukraine issue and the Cohen plea's..Not very good optics for Donny two scoops to be cozying/sucking up to Putin

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Giuliani says that Trump's written responses line up with Michael Cohen's testimony. Which is interesting considering Trump said Michael Cohen's testimony was lies earlier today..lol

Trumps responses were all couched in some sort of "to the best of my recollection" wording.

Now Rudy says:

President Trump’s recollection of discussions about building a Trump Tower in Moscow aligned with those of his longtime fixer Michael D. Cohen, the president’s lawyers said on Thursday after Mr. Cohen admitted in court that he had pursued the project as Mr. Trump secured the Republican nomination for president.

There's that word again...

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Trumps responses were all couched in some sort of "to the best of my recollection" wording.

Now Rudy says:

There's that word again...
Maybe Trump should've let his lawyers speak first, instead of mouthing off to the press before boarding AF1.

Reactions: Demo24

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Giuliani says that Trump's written responses line up with Michael Cohen's testimony. Which is interesting considering Trump said Michael Cohen's testimony was lies earlier today..lol

"Accuse the other side of that which you are guilty." Rudy managed to define his own client perfectly in doing so-

“He has so many different versions of the same stories, so by definition he is a liar and we can’t trust him,” Mr. Giuliani said of Mr. Cohen. “He has lied, so how can we believe him?”

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
Mark this date, this is the start of the end of trump. He's now not denying he had business deals with Russia saying something like "I can't work with Russia?"

KABOOM!

WE12.jpg

Feb 4, 2009
Mark this date, this is the start of the end of trump. He's now not denying he had business deals with Russia saying something like "I can't work with Russia?"

KABOOM!

WE12.jpg

The real question is what does the Republican Senate do if it’s something less than complete treason?
Do the circle the wagons and protect the President

or

Do they say a year of President Pence is good enough

or

Are there enough Republican Senators that are sick and tired of being shit on by Trump

I do not know the answer.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
The real question is what does the Republican Senate do if it’s something less than complete treason?
Do the circle the wagons and protect the President

or

Do they say a year of President Pence is good enough

or

Are there enough Republican Senators that are sick and tired of being shit on by Trump

I do not know the answer.

They got pretty much what the could with Trump and now with the midterm over they are more likely to have a backbone. I noticed Lindsey Graham Switched his seeitment towards trump couple days ago.

Feb 4, 2009
They got pretty much what the could with Trump and now with the midterm over they are more likely to have a backbone. I noticed Lindsey Graham Switched his seeitment towards trump couple days ago.

Good point saw Lindsey say some tough words regarding Saudi Arabia too.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

He must have been mad that he didn't get sessions job after trump fired him.

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
They will do whatever helps them keep their job (whatever that is). The people that elect them are largely the same as Trump's base, so if I had to guess, they'll try to do and say as little as possible. I'd be absolutely shocked if they voted for impeachment NO MATTER WHAT Mueller finds...because NOTHING will change the base's views on Trump. He's their small-g god.

As far as Lindsay Graham...he bleats once in a while in a courageous manner but he's no more "maverick" than McCain was. Both made noises to appear to have a spine but look at their voting record (other than the health care vote once McCain knew he wasn't up for reelection). That's called wanting it both ways. I prefer weasels that don't play at being reasonable, like McConnell.

Reactions: dank69

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
WSJ says Cohen copied on emails and discussed the Russia project with Don Jr....who told congress the opposite.

If it's what they say, I love it.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
You would think the American people were entitled to know about that before they cast their votes in 2016:rolleyes:

Also when people say "Hey, that's just business and he's a business man" they should probably look up something called the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.

Reactions: Zorba

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Also when people say "Hey, that's just business and he's a business man" they should probably look up something called the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.

People close to Trump and his businesses knew he was lying and didn't care, I'm sure some of them actually believe him. It was all so innocent and routine that no one in the Trump camp could honestly speak of it for 2 years, despite constant questions about his relationship with Russians and Putin during the campaign and after.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
People close to Trump and his businesses knew he was lying and didn't care, I'm sure some of them actually believe him. It was all so innocent and routine that no one in the Trump camp could honestly speak of it for 2 years, despite constant questions about his relationship with Russians and Putin during the campaign and after.

This is going to be a hell of a couple years if he stays in office.

Feb 4, 2009
Regarding the 50 million Trump tower penthouse & BAE Puti, per CNN it sounded more like a brainstorming idea to get Putin involved in supporting Mrs Universe.
I’ve been in meetings that had some pretty crazy ideas. This could be one of them. I’ll wait for more info regarding this subject.
I find it hard to believe Mr. Krabbs Er the President would willingly give anyone 50 million and especially the penthouse of Trump Tower.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
You would think the American people were entitled to know about that before they cast their votes in 2016:rolleyes:

A lot of this stuff was known prior to 2016. It was published. It was out there.

We have many idiots in this country.