Indictments coming...

Page 195 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
October 1st? you're a month behind.

Rachel Maddow's recent coverage from October 30th, skip to 7:24 for the letter sent to John Durham on October 27th.

I did skip to 7:24 because starting at 0:49 it became a joke. Denying that the Trump-Russia investigation wasn't problematic is silly and dishonest. Surprised she didn't say something about horse deworming.

I'm interested on how the researchers discovered the "covert connection".

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z

DaaQ

Golden Member
Dec 8, 2018
I did skip to 7:24 because starting at 0:49 it became a joke. Denying that the Trump-Russia investigation wasn't problematic is silly and dishonest. Surprised she didn't saw something about horse deworming.

I'm interested on how the researchers discovered the "covert connection".
you're interested on? or in?

Can you clarify?

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Reactions: soundforbjt

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Garland better get off his ass!
seriously - 10 more to round up if they don't comply (wait, don't conservatives have some catchphrase about complying with law enforcement?)

DaaQ

Golden Member
Dec 8, 2018
How was the "covert connection" discovered?
Can you be clear? what are you interested "on" or did you mean in?

If it is exactly as you wrote it, what does that mean to be interested "on" ?

I am throwing an olive branch here, the way you wrote, is confusing. Care to elaborate please?

DaaQ

Golden Member
Dec 8, 2018
How was the "covert connection" discovered?
So since I watched what you couldn't make past 0:49 then skipped to 7:24, you obviously do not take into anything in context, then proceed to break it in "packets" then wonder how lets go with computer terms here. How are "packet headers discovered? Maybe through Forward Error Correction?

I mean really, I know you are a "person under a bridge", but do you not understand how investigative work is performed? How or why people will try and hide something? How that hidden info then becomes covert? How a connection can be made by examining routing and encryption between servers?

Do you frequent any other sub forum besides P&N? like Networking, CPU, GPU, OS and other systems? Storage, memory, PC building at all?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
So since I watched what you couldn't make past 0:49 then skipped to 7:24, you obviously do not take into anything in context, then proceed to break it in "packets" then wonder how lets go with computer terms here. How are "packet headers discovered? Maybe through Forward Error Correction?

I mean really, I know you are a "person under a bridge", but do you not understand how investigative work is performed? How or why people will try and hide something? How that hidden info then becomes covert? How a connection can be made by examining routing and encryption between servers?

Do you frequent any other sub forum besides P&N? like Networking, CPU, GPU, OS and other systems? Storage, memory, PC building at all?

USF. So, most likely illiterate. Probably just a "local" fan, too. Couldn't even get in to school.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005

Since I have no experience in cyber forensics, I would have no idea how someone would go about tracing a secret internet connection. Do you pull dns server logs and trace those from Trump Tower to Alfa Bank? You would think, if some is setting up a secret link, it would be done in a manner outside of email server sending random pings. Wouldn't you want to setup some site to site VPN?

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
USF. So, most likely illiterate. Probably just a "local" fan, too. Couldn't even get in to school.
LOL. You should be the last moron to give an opinion on technology or any outside of basket weaving for that matter. I'm sure you find programming your jitterbug phone qualifies you as some tech expert.

DaaQ

Golden Member
Dec 8, 2018
Since I have no experience in cyber forensics, I would have no idea how someone would go about tracing a secret internet connection. Do you pull dns server logs and trace those from Trump Tower to Alfa Bank? You would think, if some is setting up a secret link, it would be done in a manner outside of email server sending random pings. Wouldn't you want to setup some site to site VPN?
Ok, so since you admit to watching up to 0:49 then skipped to 7:24 until an unknown time.

I'll throw you another olive branch, see 4:41 through 6:10.

Seeing as how you took 10 days to respond, try taking 1 minute and 29 seconds, to see if you can make that covert discovery connection.

I mean some elected official thought "What's App" would keep them anonymous. End to end encryption right?

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002
LOL. You should be the last moron to give an opinion on technology or any outside of basket weaving for that matter. I'm sure you find programming your jitterbug phone qualifies you as some tech expert.

i find it rich that your post right above this complete jibberish I mean god damn that was some stupid shit. Then you ridicule someone else’s tech skills. That is some grade A asshole level shit.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Ok, so since you admit to watching up to 0:49 then skipped to 7:24 until an unknown time.

I'll throw you another olive branch, see 4:41 through 6:10.

Seeing as how you took 10 days to respond, try taking 1 minute and 29 seconds, to see if you can make that covert discovery connection.

I mean some elected official thought "What's App" would keep them anonymous. End to end encryption right?
First, I apologize for not replying in a timely manner. Life is tough for those like myself that is dumb and was unable to obtain higher education. Making Mypillows is demanding.

My understanding is the DNS information was supplied by Rodney Joffe who has some special access to that data.

Reactions: nickqt

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
i find it rich that your post right above this complete jibberish I mean god damn that was some stupid shit. Then you ridicule someone else’s tech skills. That is some grade A asshole level shit.
And you have zero actual facts to present. I asked a question on the origin of the DNS data and morons throw a few tech buzzwords around, and just like that, they are cyber security experts. I actually claimed no knowledge of how it's possible to obtain DNS information nor ridiculed others others until our resident hackers chimed in. It's awesome when posing an open ended question for an explanation of a topic and get supplied with insults.

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002
And you have zero actual facts to present. I asked a question on the origin of the DNS data and morons throw a few tech buzzwords around, and just like that, they are cyber security experts. I actually claimed no knowledge of how it's possible to obtain DNS information nor ridiculed others others until our resident hackers chimed in. It's awesome when posing an open ended question for an explanation of a topic and get supplied with insults.

First of all.. you constantly ridicule people with insults if anyone fumbles on any topic at hand.. If you cannot stand the heat stay out of the kitchen.

2nd very little data is contained inside of DNS packets and by default windows will cache dns entries for an hour.

3rd there was a wiretap already authorized for that building fairly sure that would have included data traffic... so they would have just put a tap on that line and do a packet capture.. just go back and analyze the traffic later ..

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
First of all.. you constantly ridicule people with insults if anyone fumbles on any topic at hand.. If you cannot stand the heat stay out of the kitchen.

2nd very little data is contained inside of DNS packets and by default windows will cache dns entries for an hour.

3rd there was a wiretap already authorized for that building fairly sure that would have included data traffic... so they would have just put a tap on that line and do a packet capture.. just go back and analyze the traffic later ..
How did I fumble? I asked a question unlike most that proclaim themselves an expert. I wasn't aware of an authorized wiretap on Trump Tower that would have collected the secret communication link. Didn't researchers bring their finding to the attention of the FBI?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
How did I fumble? I asked a question unlike most that proclaim themselves an expert. I wasn't aware of an authorized wiretap on Trump Tower that would have collected the secret communication link. Didn't researchers bring their finding to the attention of the FBI?

This was public knowledge ~4 years ago.

at least.

• Haha
Reactions: DaaQ