Indian children found making clothes for Gap

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
in the context of the suffering of that country... work is better than starvation.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
Originally posted by: The Green Bean
Originally posted by: Skoorb
They should consider themselves lucky. When I was a kid I didn't have a job to pay for my toys and things, I had to beg my parents and wait until Birthday or Christmas for the big-ticket presents. Having a continual cash flow from professional employment is great.

I hope you are joking. Work makes them skip school and hence the lack of an educated class which in turn breeds terrorism and poverty.
I was joking, actually. :evil:

However, to address the poverty party of terrorism, it's a common myth that the Islamic terrorists, at least, are that way because of poverty. The numbers indicate quite clearly that they often come from the middle class. In any case, India is hardly a hot bead of terrorist-schools.

Wanna bet against that? Just because you don't hear about that on your western media does not mean they do not exist. That's partly because they haven't done much outside of India itself.

Just something in the news recently

NEW DELHI, Oct 25: Horrific details of Gujarat?s anti-Muslim pogrom in 2002 were shown on TV for the first time on Thursday following a sting operation by the Tehelka news magazine.

Gut-churning details of how a liberal Muslim poet was cut into pieces and burnt along with dozens others in a posh residential colony, or how a foetus was pulled out from the disembowelled Muslim mother?s womb.

The carnage was carried out with the state chief minister?s protection according to some of the alleged perpetrators interviewed.

Asked if he had the support of Chief Minister Narendra Modi, one self-confessed mob leader said Mr Modi ?had made everything all right, otherwise who would have had the strength... It was his hand all the way... If he?d told the police to do differently, they would have f?.d us.... they could have... they had full control??

In the interview before a TV camera the man known as Babu Bajrangi, a Hindutva leader said he was in touch with the chief minister during his days in hiding: ?If Narendrabhai comes to meet me, he?ll be in deep trouble? I didn?t expect to see him? Even today, I don?t expect it?Marad aadmi hai (he?s a real man), Narendrabhai? If he were to tell me to tie a bomb to myself and jump... it wouldn?t take even a second?
I could sling a bomb around me and jump wherever I was asked to? for Hindus??

Bajrangi was one of several Hindutva activists interviewed by Tehelka journalist Ashish Khetan.

He said had Mr Modi not helped the mob, by giving them three days to finish the job, the massacres ?wouldn?t have happened. Would?ve been very difficult.?

Mr Modi transferred judges three times to enable Mr Bajrangi to get bail, he said.

?Narendrabhai got me out of jail?? He kept on changing judges?. He set it up so as to ensure my release, otherwise I wouldn?t have been out yet... The first judge was one Dholakiaji... He said Babu Bajrangi should be hanged ? not once, but four-five times, and he flung the file aside... Then came another who stopped just short of saying I should be hanged? Then there was a third one? By then, four-and-a-half months had elapsed in jail; then Narendrabhai sent me a message... saying he would find a way out... Next he posted a judge named Akshay Mehta? He never even looked at the file or anything?. He just said (bail was) granted? And we were all out... We were free?.. For this, I believe in God? We are ready to die for Hindutva...?

It was not clear how or why Aaj Tak TV channel, which had supported Hindutva ideologues in the past (its parent magazine India Today had distributed Mr Modi?s election CDs with its editions) found it worthwhile to show the expose. State elections in Gujarat are due soon.

If that does not qualify as state terrorism what does?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mfnTl_Fwvbo

This is in Hindi/Urdu. An activist reveals the chilling details of his genocide against muslims and tells us how proud he is of those.

Another with English subtitles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbaoYlxK340

This is just the tip of the ice berg. The violence in India is far greater than anywhere else in the world.

greater than anywhere else in the world? how about sri lanka? thailands have trouble with muslim areas, never mind iraq:p theres no genocide in india:p theres a 100+million muslims there.

you forgot to link to muslim terror in india, which is quite real.
muslim apologists always like to talk about how their religions the "same" as judasim/christianity and that they are so tolerant of such religions. conveniently leaves out all the other religions eh?

manowar821

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2007
Anyone who pays attention for more than 10 seconds already knows that child labor is used at a disgustingly high frequency.

compnovice

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2005
I am not an advocate of Child labor. However, if you were a kid and the only way you were able to feed yourself (and your family) was by working, would you?

Again, unless poverty is eradicated, those children need to work somewhere. Better Gap than those Thai "massage parlors".

The Green Bean

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2003
Originally posted by: postmortemIA

This is in Hindi/Urdu. An activist reveals the chilling details of his genocide against muslims and tells us how proud he is of those.

This is just the tip of the ice berg. The violence in India is far greater than anywhere else in the world.

Thanks for the propaganda.

Violent Indians? Without taking a part in either of world wars hmmmm.... strange!

not WWs; genocide.

The Green Bean

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2003
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
They should consider themselves lucky. When I was a kid I didn't have a job to pay for my toys and things, I had to beg my parents and wait until Birthday or Christmas for the big-ticket presents. Having a continual cash flow from professional employment is great.

I hope you are joking. Work makes them skip school and hence the lack of an educated class which in turn breeds terrorism and poverty.
I was joking, actually. :evil:

However, to address the poverty party of terrorism, it's a common myth that the Islamic terrorists, at least, are that way because of poverty. The numbers indicate quite clearly that they often come from the middle class. In any case, India is hardly a hot bead of terrorist-schools.

Wanna bet against that? Just because you don't hear about that on your western media does not mean they do not exist. That's partly because they haven't done much outside of India itself.

Just something in the news recently

NEW DELHI, Oct 25: Horrific details of Gujarat?s anti-Muslim pogrom in 2002 were shown on TV for the first time on Thursday following a sting operation by the Tehelka news magazine.

Gut-churning details of how a liberal Muslim poet was cut into pieces and burnt along with dozens others in a posh residential colony, or how a foetus was pulled out from the disembowelled Muslim mother?s womb.

The carnage was carried out with the state chief minister?s protection according to some of the alleged perpetrators interviewed.

Asked if he had the support of Chief Minister Narendra Modi, one self-confessed mob leader said Mr Modi ?had made everything all right, otherwise who would have had the strength... It was his hand all the way... If he?d told the police to do differently, they would have f?.d us.... they could have... they had full control??

In the interview before a TV camera the man known as Babu Bajrangi, a Hindutva leader said he was in touch with the chief minister during his days in hiding: ?If Narendrabhai comes to meet me, he?ll be in deep trouble? I didn?t expect to see him? Even today, I don?t expect it?Marad aadmi hai (he?s a real man), Narendrabhai? If he were to tell me to tie a bomb to myself and jump... it wouldn?t take even a second?
I could sling a bomb around me and jump wherever I was asked to? for Hindus??

Bajrangi was one of several Hindutva activists interviewed by Tehelka journalist Ashish Khetan.

He said had Mr Modi not helped the mob, by giving them three days to finish the job, the massacres ?wouldn?t have happened. Would?ve been very difficult.?

Mr Modi transferred judges three times to enable Mr Bajrangi to get bail, he said.

?Narendrabhai got me out of jail?? He kept on changing judges?. He set it up so as to ensure my release, otherwise I wouldn?t have been out yet... The first judge was one Dholakiaji... He said Babu Bajrangi should be hanged ? not once, but four-five times, and he flung the file aside... Then came another who stopped just short of saying I should be hanged? Then there was a third one? By then, four-and-a-half months had elapsed in jail; then Narendrabhai sent me a message... saying he would find a way out... Next he posted a judge named Akshay Mehta? He never even looked at the file or anything?. He just said (bail was) granted? And we were all out... We were free?.. For this, I believe in God? We are ready to die for Hindutva...?

It was not clear how or why Aaj Tak TV channel, which had supported Hindutva ideologues in the past (its parent magazine India Today had distributed Mr Modi?s election CDs with its editions) found it worthwhile to show the expose. State elections in Gujarat are due soon.

greater than anywhere else in the world? how about sri lanka? thailands have trouble with muslim areas, never mind iraq:p theres no genocide in india:p theres a 100+million muslims there.

you forgot to link to muslim terror in india, which is quite real.
muslim apologists always like to talk about how their religions the "same" as judasim/christianity and that they are so tolerant of such religions. conveniently leaves out all the other religions eh?

Did you even watch the video?
And if the state chief minister is supporting the killing of muslims; it is state sponsored terrorism and genocide. Is there any other country in the world whose government officials do the same? There was the taliban but they were destroyed. Perhaps it's India's turn now. but two faced Americans don't give a damn about India as long as it's the muslims on the receiving side. We never even heard of a condemnation from Washington.

And I can assure more than 3000+ muslims were killed in 2002. That's more than 9/11. Yet people talk about those deaths with horror. However when non-Americans are killed it's merely a statistic.

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001

Did you even watch the video?
And if the state chief minister is supporting the killing of muslims; it is state sponsored terrorism and genocide. Is there any other country in the world whose government officials do the same? There was the taliban but they were destroyed. Perhaps it's India's turn now. but two faced Americans don't give a damn about India as long as it's the muslims on the receiving side. We never even heard of a condemnation from Washington.

And I can assure more than 3000+ muslims were killed in 2002. That's more than 9/11. Yet people talk about those deaths with horror. However when non-Americans are killed it's merely a statistic.

That's not a genocide. If it was, that was the least successful genocide in history.

If you want another example of a country whose government officials endorse genocide, you need to look no further than Pakistan and its genocide in Bangaldesh in 1971 that caused upwards of 3 million deaths.

Or you can look at France and its organization of the Rwandan genocide - 1 million dead.

The Green Bean

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2003
Originally posted by: CanOWorms

If you want another example of a country whose government officials endorse genocide, you need to look no further than Pakistan and its genocide in Bangaldesh in 1971 that caused upwards of 3 million deaths.

That was indeed a shameful episode in its history.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Back on subject please.

Thank you

Senior Anandtech Moderator
Common Courtesy