India school inferno kills dozens

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/3899231.stm
At least 75 children have died in a fire in a primary school in the southern Indian state of Tamil Nadu.
The authorities say the casualties are expected to rise.

"Thirty-two children have been admitted to hospital with serious injuries," a local official, J Radhakrishnan, said.

Some 200 children were reported to be in the affected primary section of the school situated in Kumbakonam, 300km (185 miles) south-west of the state capital, Madras.

Reports say the children were on the top floor of the three-storey Lord Krishna school, with only one narrow staircase available for escape.

A total of about 100 children were injured in the blaze. Most of the victims were girls.

Some teachers are reported to be among the dead.

:Q

Forsythe

Platinum Member
May 2, 2004
Reports in denmark say casualties are approaching 100. Also, it's a girls school, so mostly girls i guess. Damned things! But hey, this is just an ordinary day in the world. And reports of israeli massacres in plaestinian camps no longer even reach the news...

DeeKnow

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2002
some bureaucrat made $100 approving a building that did not comply with regulation.....sad!

Forsythe

Platinum Member
May 2, 2004
Sadly, i don't even thnik they do that in india. And, oh well, maybe it's just bad luck?

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Children being burned to death. And they're saying many are dead because teachers told them to stay put as the fire was being extinguished. This makes me want to cry. :(

fvcking bush.

Shut the hell up.