Incognito mode in Chrome or else database error occurs

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Cleared my cache and cookies. Cannot log in to main site or forums unless I browse in incognito mode. Even in incognito mode I cannot log in to main site.

Also tried Edge. Same issues.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
The hamsters that power the servers went on strike for better wheels. We acceded to their demands. Forums back.

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
This is very strange. I'm still logged in with Firefox on my phone. When I try to access the site with old cookies on Chromium I get "an unexpected database error". If I log in in incognito mode I get that a server error occurred. Although then if I browse the site I appear to be logged in, so maybe it sort of works?

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
This is very strange. I'm still logged in with Firefox on my phone. When I try to access the site with old cookies on Chromium I get "an unexpected database error". If I log in in incognito mode I get that a server error occurred. Although then if I browse the site I appear to be logged in, so maybe it sort of works?

Yeah, the dreaded 502 errors are back.

I guess it's time to send in the Pinkertons to put down the latest hamster strike. We gave into their demands last time, so this time we're going to rough them up a bit. ;)

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Accessing on my phone is FUBARed.
I can access on my desktop, with only occasional bad gaterway errors, (PMs, RPs)

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
I got this this morning when signing in:

Oops! We ran into some problems.
A server error occurred. Please try again later.

Then when I clicked on the forum home page, I was already signed in (I normally have to log in).

- edit - I've had this every time I've logged in today so far (3-5 times), plus a bad gateway error just now.

Last edited:

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I've had intermittent problems today as well. Got a few of the "Oops!" errors, then this evening, "unexpected database error."
This happened on both iPad (Chrome) and PC. (also Chrome)