Inaguration

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
<--- Proud winner of two tickets to the Inaguration, c/o a lottery by my congressman. Makes up for never winning the Powerball, I guess.

Any locals have any suggestions on other things to do in DC that weekend?

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
You get to like...be inside the building? In the same area as the Prez?

I'll know more tomorrow when I get the email with details, but I think it means we can sit fairly close up front. Hopefully I won't be sitting behind Aretha Franklin, or if I am, hopefully she isn't wearing one of those big hats again.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I'm not sure what I would get out of seeing an inauguration but meeting Aretha Franklin would cool.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
I'll know more tomorrow when I get the email with details, but I think it means we can sit fairly close up front. Hopefully I won't be sitting behind Aretha Franklin, or if I am, hopefully she isn't wearing one of those big hats again.

lol well, if there's food she will just hit the buffet and leave like she did last time.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Not a D.C. local, but last time I went was for work and I was so busy I didn't get to do anything while there. Personally I would've liked to have seen some of the Smithsonian museums while there. The stuff I didn't appreciate near enough while I was younger. Also I would probably wanna see certain sites that my current only experience with is Fallout 3

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally Posted by dmcowen674
Yeah right. I've got a bridge for sale for you too.

Well you will have to explain how I got mine then, because I'm no donor.

You explain it.

You frequent P&N and magically have tickets to a much smaller inauguration.

Not a Donor, Yeah right

Maybe not in money but in something else.

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
Go to Arlington National Cemetery and get a small taste of the sacrifice that it took to be a free nation.

The Smithsonian museums are great too, but pick one and spend your day there.

The monuments / memorials are worth seeing as well.

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
Please go away. Even though you couldn't pay me enough to go to the inauguration, they do provide tickets for the peasant class. You've demonstrated enough ignorance for this thread, your work is done here.

You explain it.

Not a Donor, Yeah right

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

You explain it.

Not a Donor, Yeah right

It's called calling your congressman and asking for tickets.

By all means I'm interested in what you believe I did to get them though.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Why would you do that if you had nothing to do with the campaign and why would the Congressman give you tickets?

Because anyone can call their congressman at any time for any reason. Every congressional member is allotted tickets and every single one of them that I am aware of distributes a large portion of these tickets through a lottery that all people who request them are entered in.

I guarantee you my congressman has absolutely no idea who I am. The only person in that office who would even know my name is the intern who took it down when I called. Stop being an idiot, you could have requested them too.

Anyways, to the OP if you're looking for some good brunch, try Founding Farmers on Pennsylvania ave NW. Its one of the best in town that I've been to.

MiniDoom

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2004
I like to ride my bike around during it. the whole city, with the exception of the mall is empty. Roads and bridges are closed to cars. It's like something out of a zombie flick. It's the one day out of every 4 years cyclist own the roads.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Go to Arlington National Cemetery and get a small taste of the sacrifice that it took to be a free nation.

The Smithsonian museums are great too, but pick one and spend your day there.

The monuments / memorials are worth seeing as well.

I hadn't thought of Arlington. I think that's the best suggestion so far.