Solved! In which project does a cruncher/user have to activate the GDPR-switch?

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Hi folks, I just returned from my month long holiday and was surprised to se a huge drop in my total score. Then I realized that Einstein@Home was not on the list of the projects I have crunched. I flipped the GDPR-switch, but do not remember all the projects I've crunched ...
Is there a list of projects where you have to enable data sharing or does anybody know which projects are eligible for this change?
OTOH, I think that all projects where EU-members crunch should have this switch - or am I wrong?

Solution
Here is the current list of

Projects with privacy option:

Albert@home
BOINC@TACC
Climateprediction.net
DENIS@home
Einstein@Home
Gerasim@home
iThena.Computational
iThena.Measurements
Kryptos@home
LHC@Home
LHCathome-dev
MLC@Home
NumberFields@home
QuChemPedIA@home
Universe@home
VGTU project@Home
World Community Grid
WUProp@Home​

StefanR5R

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2016
World Community Grid
Einstein@Home
LHC@Home
Numberfields@Home

More will follow. (Edit: VGTU plans to do so soon, for example.) I understand that the features will be or are already part of the upstream boinc code, and therefore I expect that some will even introduce the compliance features accidentally without communicating it to the users. :-|

Last edited:

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Thanks. Stefan ... I changed the Einstein@home ... but can not find the setting in LHC@home. OTOH, the data show up in BOINC-combined stats ...
Am somewhat flabbergasted ... :)

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
I noticed that the preference check box doesn't show in Preferences until you click the Edit button; my expectation was that it would show with an unchecked box, but that is not the case.

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
I checked our team members on Einstein@home and Prince Dakkar is currently our top producer at ~1M PPD. His stats are not being exported. I'll try sending him a PM at Einstein. It also looks like @Assimilator1 Einstein stats are not being exported.

I've done it for LHC, but I haven't been asked to for any other project AFAIR. [edit] Yep, only seeing that option for LHC.
Btw, I'm not running Einstein atm, just DHEP, SETI (a little on my 2nd rig) & Folding@H.

Last edited:

biodoc

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
I've done it for LHC, but I haven't been asked to for any other project AFAIR. [edit] Yep, only seeing that option for LHC.
Btw, I'm not running Einstein atm, just DHEP, SETI (a little on my 2nd rig) & Folding@H.

If you'd like to have your cumulative stats totals exported to Free-DC, etc, then go to your Einstein account, then click on Preferences, then the Privacy tab and then one of the choices will be "Do you consent to exporting your data to BOINC statistics aggregation Web sites?: (Yes or No) and then save the changes.

Prince Dakkar has not replied to my message yet on Einstein. :(

StefanR5R

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2016
From the weekly stats thread:
I'm not sure what all this GDPR stuff is, in relation to DC. I'm from the USA, do I need to opt-in too?
There are two changes made by the projects which adopt this, and these changes are for all users independently of their location:

1. Users need to make it explicit that they consent to terms of the project. New users get a respective dialogue when they create an account at the project's web site. Existing users get this dialogue once when they log in at the project web site.

2. Users now have the choice whether or not the project server exports their stats to 3rd parties via XML requests and stats dumps. This choice can be made in the project preferences at the web site. The option defaults to no export.

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
If you'd like to have your cumulative stats totals exported to Free-DC, etc, then go to your Einstein account, then click on Preferences, then the Privacy tab and then one of the choices will be "Do you consent to exporting your data to BOINC statistics aggregation Web sites?: (Yes or No) and then save the changes.

Prince Dakkar has not replied to my message yet on Einstein. :(
Yep I saw that, which is a very similar thing, I believe it was on yes anyway, & if not, it should be now, although you can't tell with their stupid website! The 'yes/no' doesn't change colour or anything!

Reactions: biodoc

GLeeM

Elite Member
Apr 2, 2004
Free-DC shows minus 13M+ for me yesterday and minus 6M+ today.

Is this due to more projects going GDPR? If so, how do I find which projects I am missing?

TennesseeTony

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2003
www.google.com
I am not at all sure these are the problem, but I found your main page with all your projects on Free-DC, then on each project I clicked on your total score, and examined your milestones and daily points history charts.

Your charts look weird in Einstein, CSG (they running again?), and both GoofyxGrid NCI and CPU. That said, I see such errors far too often, and it goes back for years.

Einstein:

Capture.PNG

CSG chart looks normal, just odd to see it running again.

Goofy 1:

Capture2.PNG

Goofy 2:

Capture3.PNG

StefanR5R

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2016
Last edited:
Reactions: TennesseeTony

StefanR5R

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2016
Climateprediction.net now needs permission to export your stats.

Incase you are missing a bunch of points on FreeDC.
And the rest of the GDPR compliance features was adopted too. (New users will only be able to create an account via the web site. Existing users will be asked to consent to the project terms and conditions next time they login to the web site.)

Reactions: crashtech

StefanR5R

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2016
Here is the current list of

Projects with privacy option:

Albert@home
BOINC@TACC
Climateprediction.net
DENIS@home
Einstein@Home
Gerasim@home
iThena.Computational
iThena.Measurements
Kryptos@home
LHC@Home
LHCathome-dev
MLC@Home
NumberFields@home
QuChemPedIA@home
Universe@home
VGTU project@Home
World Community Grid
WUProp@Home​

Last edited:
Solution

StefanR5R

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2016
Missing Universe@Home credits?

You now need to enable the data export on your Universe@Home Preferences
Thanks. I edited post #20.

Possibly related to the whole GDPR affair, World Community Grid abandoned their original WebRPC based(?) stats interface at some time last year. Does anybody know whether other projects, of those who implemented GDPR features, similarly reduced or disabled WebRPC access?

If so, we should make Sébastien of formula-boinc.org aware of it, for an obvious reason.