In this thread, we pretend it's the year 2030

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I think Xi will win those, I wish I was wrong but China has just gotten so powerful and has so much influence over the world now compared to even 10 years ago. As much as I like the movement towards full green energy it sucks that it mostly comes from China and has made them so powerful. Hopefully the graphene batteries and solar cells coming in a few years will change that as they don't rely on as many rare metals.

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
I think Xi will win those, I wish I was wrong but China has just gotten so powerful and has so much influence over the world now compared to even 10 years ago. As much as I like the movement towards full green energy it sucks that it mostly comes from China and has made them so powerful. Hopefully the graphene batteries and solar cells coming in a few years will change that as they don't rely on as many rare metals.
Don't worry, Elon Musk will colonize Mars and build a Gigafactory there. That will tie us over until we colonize the moons of Jupiter and Saturn.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Don't worry, Elon Musk will colonize Mars and build a Gigafactory there. That will tie us over until we colonize the moons of Jupiter and Saturn.

He'll have to avoid the giant crater that Space Force left on Mars from their accident. Damn space cowboys.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Hey guys, this morning I woke up on my hoverboard bed, put on my hoverboard shoes, drove my hoverboard car to work, and sat in my hoverboard chair in my hoverboard cube. I'm currently typing this on my hoverboard computer, and later tonight I'll have sex with OP's wife in my hoverboard hot tub.

-sent from my hoverphone using hover-talk

amirite?

Reactions: snoopy7548

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
So they just started building the indoor skidoo track in my city, they repurposed my old high school which was built in the early 2000's and just extended the building to make it a full track. We don't get snow anymore and lot of snowmobilers were pushing for something like this so they can have at least an area to go play with their machines. The building is also going to be used for science stuff that requires freezing temperatures and a large open area. You should see the chiller units they were installing at that place, was watching them loading them off the flat bed. Was talking with an hvac tech who was doing A/C upgrades at my work who is involved with that job and he said those units are 300 tons per compressor and have 2 compressors per unit. They can go down to about -10C. Skookum as frig. I kinda want that in my house. :D My 6 ton barely keeps up anymore. I was lucky to even get that 6 ton unit since the hydro company was able to get me 3 phase service. They've been going around upgrading lot of areas due to higher demand to run big A/C units. HVAC and refrigeration is one hell of a job to be into these days.

Reactions: brianmanahan

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
So they just started building the indoor skidoo track in my city, they repurposed my old high school which was built in the early 2000's and just extended the building to make it a full track. We don't get snow anymore and lot of snowmobilers were pushing for something like this so they can have at least an area to go play with their machines. The building is also going to be used for science stuff that requires freezing temperatures and a large open area. You should see the chiller units they were installing at that place, was watching them loading them off the flat bed. Was talking with an hvac tech who was doing A/C upgrades at my work who is involved with that job and he said those units are 300 tons per compressor and have 2 compressors per unit. They can go down to about -10C. Skookum as frig. I kinda want that in my house. :D My 6 ton barely keeps up anymore. I was lucky to even get that 6 ton unit since the hydro company was able to get me 3 phase service. They've been going around upgrading lot of areas due to higher demand to run big A/C units. HVAC and refrigeration is one hell of a job to be into these days.

whut? why?

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Elections, there will still be elections?

Russia still has "elections", so why not? The vote should probably read something like this, but they still have them:

Do you want your apartment building to be blown up in the middle of the night?

1) No - I vote for Putin!
2) Yes, I'm a moron and I like to suffer!

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Last night I looked up at the sky and the satellites spelled out "I'm Lovin' It!" Haven't seen that one in a while, talk about a blast from the past! Usually it's just advertisements for Bud Light or Nike.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Last night I looked up at the sky and the satellites spelled out "I'm Lovin' It!" Haven't seen that one in a while, talk about a blast from the past!
Usually it's just advertisements for Bud Light or Nike.
McD brings back old familiar phrase with new logo
51nd-qmiosL.jpg

SKORPI0

Lifer
Jan 18, 2000
1.Finallly, James Cameron releases The Abyss and True Lies in glorious 4K, 41 and 36 years respectively after their theatrical showing.
2. Happy 100th Birthday to Clint Eastwood.
3. Disaster at Elon Musk 1st Mars Exploration Team. Communications lost, no data no longer coming back from spacecraft, prior telemetry indicates point to it crashing. No survivors are expected.
4. First Human Brain Transplant successful.
5. AI generated movies now proving diffcult to distingusih from reality, Actors, directors, writers, etc. unemployed. Hollywood could go bankrupt.
6. Walt Disney Co. closes Disneyland/Disneyworld, goes bankrupt. CEO missing.
7. Wolly Mammoth sucessfully cloned from well preserved remains found in The Artic. Other extinct species might become possible to be brought back.
8. World tallest building in Chicago now a mile (5, 300 ft.) high.
9. 84 year old Donald Trump released from jail after serving almost 2 years for various crimes, during his short 2nd term as President (Jan 2025- ***).
10. Samsung to release Galaxy S35 Ultra Plus 10G with a microSD slot, 10 years after removing that feature from the Note 20 Ultra.
11. 3D movies now possible without those dam/annoying glasses. A resurgence of 3D 4K/8K/16K TV (microQD-OLED), manufactures are running out of ideas.
12. 2340 mile hyper-loop connecting US mainland (San Francisco) to Hawaii (Hilo) finally finished after $250 billion, budget was $140 billion.

Reactions: [DHT]Osiris

ksheets

Aug 11, 2000
Last night I looked up at the sky and the satellites spelled out "I'm Lovin' It!" Haven't seen that one in a while, talk about a blast from the past! Usually it's just advertisements for Bud Light or Nike.

Bud Light? wasn't that the stuff people USED to drink before they partnered with that Tranny??<S>

Feb 25, 2011
As I look out on the wasteland, I contemplate the decisions that brought us to this point. I don't regret what I did, I just hope that it will help in the long run.

The executioner shoves me down and their assistant ties my head down to the chopping block while saying a prayer for my soul. God's Anointed. The axe flashes in the sunlight, I feel like I'm falling. The oxygen leaves my brain, everything goes dark. My last conscious thought before the lights go out is that the people who died of COVID were the lucky ones.

• Wow
Reactions: JEDI

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Just went and got the thorium cartridge changed out in the truck's trickle reactor today. Total cost came up to $488 but that's like 3 tanks of gas back in the day. Should be good for a year or so. I can already tell the battery is charging faster now without having to plug it in. Going to connect to the house so I can save on hydro and just run off the truck overnight. Saw a car meet at the gas station today and decided to go check it out, I oddly kinda miss gas cars and the smell and sound but it was just so bad for the environment and expensive to run. Gas is like $4.72 a litre now so I'm glad I don't need it anymore.

Reactions: dainthomas

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
2030? Nothing will change except the retirement age raised to 80. Some democrats will still say that Diane Feinstein should retire. The looming debt ceiling fight. Republican states will save money preferring crushed rock to cement roads. It will be discovered that 90% of house and senate republicans from the year 2016- 2023 were indeed paid Soviet operatives after all. And.... the new iPhone 5000 costs $23,000. Easy Apple payment plans available.

However, should Donald Trump be elected in 2024 the question will be.... do the roaches rule or the rats after the end of mankind?