In these jobless times, how are some of you keeping collectors @ bay

LittleNemoNES

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
My friend gets some crazy call hours for debt collection. We usually pic up and act stoopid and piss off the caller. Their fault for calling late in the evening.
Car payment, rent payments, CC payments, geez why not add another and add phone payments :twisted:

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Wow, five stereotypical ATOT responses in two minutes. That has to be a record.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
If you buy anything using credit or a loan, then technically you can't afford it. Novel idea to not buy anything you can't afford. But this is ATOT where even when a person on here does lose their job they can survive off the 500k they have in various bank accounts until they find another job.

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001
If you buy anything using credit or a loan, then technically you can't afford it. Novel idea to not buy anything you can't afford. But this is ATOT where even when a person on here does lose their job they can survive off the 500k they have in various bank accounts until they find another job.

Wrong!

Anyway, back on topic.

BrownShoes

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2008
My friend gets some crazy call hours for debt collection. We usually pic up and act stoopid and piss off the caller. Their fault for calling late in the evening.
Car payment, rent payments, CC payments, geez why not add another and add phone payments :twisted:

He could move or change the phone number.

Probably should just talk to them and tell them what's up and, maybe, try to work something out.

Mar 15, 2003
Ok, I pay my bills on time but Macy's outsourced collection agents call me even if my bill is a day "late" - which sometimes happens since I have 3 macys accounts with different due dates.. I never asked for 3 accounts - they created sub-accounts for different purchases types (0% financing offers in one account, furniture under another, store purchase under another).. ARGH, especially since they all 3 have different due dates.

Anyways, since I always pay all three accounts on the 15th, regardless of when they're due, Macy's hounds the shit out of me and my wife.... So, when they call, I just fuck with them - saying "que?" whenever they call is one way.. I got into a fight with heavily accented outsourced agent because I demanded to know his real name, since Frank Jones was obviously a made up name.. Next time I think i'll ask them what they're wearing..

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
This thread is going places.

nerp

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
Wow, five stereotypical ATOT responses in two minutes. That has to be a record.

Thanks for posting the stereotypical "typical ATOT" post. I just think you forgot to mention the fact that everyone here makes a million dollars, etc, bulk beef, everyone knows this, this, alternator sized, yadda yadda.

nerp

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
Ok, I pay my bills on time but Macy's outsourced collection agents call me even if my bill is a day "late" - which sometimes happens since I have 3 macys accounts with different due dates.. I never asked for 3 accounts - they created sub-accounts for different purchases types (0% financing offers in one account, furniture under another, store purchase under another).. ARGH, especially since they all 3 have different due dates.

Anyways, since I always pay all three accounts on the 15th, regardless of when they're due, Macy's hounds the shit out of me and my wife.... So, when they call, I just fuck with them - saying "que?" whenever they call is one way.. I got into a fight with heavily accented outsourced agent because I demanded to know his real name, since Frank Jones was obviously a made up name.. Next time I think i'll ask them what they're wearing..

You shop at Macy's every month? Maybe you should hike up your terrycloth bathrobe before you sit down to take a shit.

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
Dave Ramsey recommends paying $5 a month to keep them from sending it on to legal departments.
Once they send it to the courts... you are screwed.
You can still settle out of court which is in the best interest of both parties.