Question In need of a new printer

Thibsie

Apr 25, 2017
My Canon ip4950 decided to die on me with a b200 error. Cleaning the head did nothing so... need a new one.

Obviously won't be a Canon. Read better things about brother than other brands but that's it.
So, my needs:

* Good Color photo printing
* scanner for easy scaning+copies
* network

Any insight ? Thanks !

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
My Canon ip4950 decided to die on me with a b200 error. Cleaning the head did nothing so... need a new one.

Obviously won't be a Canon. Read better things about brother than other brands but that's it.
So, my needs:

* Good Color photo printing
* scanner for easy scaning+copies
* network

Any insight ? Thanks !
It's a ten year old printer? Usually, they can crap out anywhere from 2 years on. They are built disposable. You just accept it and purchase a new one when the old one stops functioning properly. If it's ten years old, you got your money's worth.

lakedude

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2009
We have an old Canon that finally quit on us but the fix was easy thanks to a print head replacement that installed as easy as an ink cartridge. Would definitely buy Canon again. Our Canon does not have wifi so we use it as a copy machine.

Our main printer is an HP 9000 series and it is so easy to use, even wirelessly from a phone. Love it!

HP drawbacks are expensive ink and needing a stinking account to use the software for the printer.

Reactions: bigboxes