In Honor of Willem Van Spronsen

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I didn’t accuse you of being a politician. Try reading.
No, you just moved the goalposts from the OP's "the mainstream media ignored this!" (they didn't) to Democrats haven't apologized on this issue to your personal satisfaction (who cares).

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
I didn’t accuse you of being a politician. Try reading.

You:
In the case of this story, a militant leftist went from anger to action due to irresponsible rhetoric from Democrat politicians. Last I checked, none have condemned this act of violence.

You are part of the problem, enabler.
You said some person did some thing because of some Democrat(sic) politician, and that some Democrat(sic) politician hasn't condemned the attack.

I'm not a Democratic politician, and I didn't encourage or enable anything.

Try making sense.

Reactions: dank69

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
You:

You said some person did some thing because of some Democrat(sic) politician, and that some Democrat(sic) politician hasn't condemned the attack.

I'm not a Democratic politician, and I didn't encourage or enable anything.

Try making sense.
Reading fail

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
No, you just moved the goalposts from the OP's "the mainstream media ignored this!" (they didn't) to Democrats haven't apologized on this issue to your personal satisfaction (who cares).
Anyone who is not a partisan waterboy should care. I know why you don’t care. I appreciate your concern for goal posts considering you had to move them across two different threads.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
In the case of this story, a militant leftist went from anger to action due to irresponsible rhetoric from Democrat politicians. Last I checked, none have condemned this act of violence.

You are part of the problem, enabler.

wait what? what irresponsible rhetoric? I think that establishing concentration camps for babies is bad, don't you? I think it's good that we know what the fascists in the Trump administration are doing, don't you? Or should we just ignore it?

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Reading fail
You blamed Democrat(sic) politicians for rhetoric, and not condemning the attack. And then said I'm the enabler.

I don't have to condemn or apologize for every act of violence by someone who claims to be a leftist.

I'm not here trying to make some poignant argument that I haven't seen you personally apologize for the right-wing authoritarian guy who used his car to murder some protester.

I've said here on multiple occasions that violence is a crime, and should be prosecuted.

You called me an enabler.

Logic fail. But keep trying if you're really invested in this lack of reasoning. The whole BothSidesDoIt™ schtick is hard to kick I guess.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
wait what? what irresponsible rhetoric? I think that establishing concentration camps for babies is bad, don't you? I think it's good that we know what the fascists in the Trump administration are doing, don't you? Or should we just ignore it?
The problems with this particular detention center date back to its opening in 2004. In 2008 it was flagged for human rights abuses and in 2014 there was a hunger strike over conditions there.

I don’t recall any major protests or classification of this detention center as a concentration camp back then.

The recent social media rhetoric, some it fueled by Democrats, triggered this militia guy to violence. His manifesto makes that apparently clear.

I think you shouldn’t just pay attention to things when it is politically convenient or opportunistic.

You want to do something productive? Pressure your Congressperson to impeach.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
You blamed Democrat(sic) politicians for rhetoric, and not condemning the attack. And then said I'm the enabler.
There is a disingenuous undercurrent of rationalizing violent acts when its your political team. If you do not see a problem with Democrats not condemning this act of violence, that makes you no different than a Trumper.

I don't have to condemn or apologize for every act of violence by someone who claims to be a leftist.
No, but you should see the hypocrisy in this particular instance

I'm not here trying to make some poignant argument that I haven't seen you personally apologize for the right-wing authoritarian guy who used his car to murder some protester.
That situation was indefensible, as was Trump’s response to it.

I've said here on multiple occasions that violence is a crime, and should be prosecuted.
And as I said on that point we are in agreement

Logic fail. But keep trying if you're really invested in this lack of reasoning. The whole BothSidesDoIt™ schtick is hard to kick I guess.
Yet in this case, BothSidesDidIt

Mar 11, 2004

You called me an enabler.

He's not really even "both sides" in that he's really trying to get the narrative to be that its the Leftists/liberals that are the actual bad ones and that Right Wingers are just galvanizing for it (which is why there's some truth that they're not trying to be both sides, they genuinely believe liberals are the ones that have initiated all of this hate). He's trying to justify the insanity and hate from his side so he can justify it in himself. The rest is just him trying to mimic how people are rightfully putting the blame on the rampant horrible behavior of conservatives on the conservatives doing it, because he views the situation as being the same (when its not). Its just the usual conservative idiot doesn't understand shit, so they try and just mimic what others do, which tends to highlight that they don't understand. And then they get mad because they don't understand and think people are just doing what they're rightfully calling him out for, when its actually because other people can see the differences. Hell they can't even discern the differences in how they typically approach stuff (you see it all the time where they start calling people names and throwing a fit, then someone does it to them and they lose their shit even further accusing them of being so mean and resorting to name calling when they'd already been doing it from almost if not outright their very first post in the thread).

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
He's not really even "both sides" in that he's really trying to get the narrative to be that its the Leftists/liberals that are the actual bad ones and that Right Wingers are just galvanizing for it (which is why there's some truth that they're not trying to be both sides, they genuinely believe liberals are the ones that have initiated all of this hate). He's trying to justify the insanity and hate from his side so he can justify it in himself. The rest is just him trying to mimic how people are rightfully putting the blame on the rampant horrible behavior of conservatives on the conservatives doing it, because he views the situation as being the same (when its not). Its just the usual conservative idiot doesn't understand shit, so they try and just mimic what others do, which tends to highlight that they don't understand. And then they get mad because they don't understand and think people are just doing what they're rightfully calling him out for, when its actually because other people can see the differences. Hell they can't even discern the differences in how they typically approach stuff (you see it all the time where they start calling people names and throwing a fit, then someone does it to them and they lose their shit even further accusing them of being so mean and resorting to name calling when they'd already been doing it from almost if not outright their very first post in the thread).
So many words. The truth is I typically call out the blatant hypocrisy, which triggers a few predictable posters to start with the ad hominems.

This was my first post in the thread:

Agreed. This guy was a self described member of a far-left antifa militia, the type of person I’ve been assured repeatedly doesn’t exist.

He also apparently dabbled in spousal abuse. It seems all these militia types have a common demoninator of unhinged anger looking for a target.

This thread is also unsurprisingly quiet. Don’t see Democrats rushing to condemn an act of terrorism.

What you wrote is a perfect description of how others responded to my first post.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Lame excuse, I would expect our elected officials to have knowledge of a militia inspired attack.

That's ridiculous.

You are not a student of history. You’re lamenting the GOP embrace of fringe extremism while pleading ignorance to the chain of events that led to this moment, and Democrats are partially to blame for paving that path.

Be sure to both sides the ever living fuck out of it, because reason.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
It has always been thus, with Bucky Boy. Serious discussions lead you in circles while he get his anti liberal licks in. Stop wasting your time.

Reactions: Victorian Gray

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
not denouncing this evil liberal attack. The dems are the same as the alt-white.
I wasn’t asking you to apologize, but Democrat politicians should denounce it so as not to be hypocrites
It has always been thus, with Bucky Boy. Serious discussions lead you in circles while he get his anti liberal licks in. Stop wasting your time.
You’re welcome to ignore me. I won’t miss you. It’s not like you’ve ever made an honest attempt at a serious discussion.