In honor of the assured upcoming blue wave...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
I watched the entire video again this morning while sipping coffee. It never gets old listening to the "experts" on the left keep telling each other what they want to hear, not reality. This forum is a microcosm of that.

And when you watch the Trump Arrest Montage, for 2 minutes, the world makes sense again..

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Tell it to Flynn, Manafort, Papadopoulus, and Cohen..

See if they buy your bullshit sitting in jail.

MAGA - Mueller Ain't Going Away!

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
"Elections have consequences" will be the theme of the arrest montage...
That's coming and it's not going to end the way most around here think it's going to. Dems better hope that the "Blue Wave" shows up, if not, you are going to see some unhappy campers about who starts getting investigated.

Reactions: SlowSpyder

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
That's coming and it's not going to end the way most around here think it's going to. Dems better hope that the "Blue Wave" shows up, if not, you are going to see some unhappy campers about who starts getting investigated.
LOL Republicans hold every branch of power in the United States now. If they want to investigate there is no one stopping them now.

Reactions: soundforbjt

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
LOL Republicans hold every branch of power in the United States now. If they want to investigate there is no one stopping them now.

More and more that comes out about Hillary shows how absolutely corrupt she was. America dodged a bullet by electing Trump.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
You know being Dems and not voting because you know they're busy and stuff or something.

It's possible, however, what is happening now does not match the usual pattern seen at mid-term. I'll risk predicting the House goes to the Dems, but I'm unsure about the Senate.

Responding to the OP, the Dems were not motivated to the degree they are now and worse for the Reps is the third "party", the independent voters, are not liking Trump. Combine that with the generally higher than usual interest in voting, it does not bode well for Reps. We'll see, but I won't be voting for my dog this time around.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
I heard a fellow on the radio predicting the dems picking 60 seats in the house, and 30 some in the senate. Seems a tad on the wishful thinking side.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I heard a fellow on the radio predicting the dems picking 60 seats in the house, and 30 some in the senate. Seems a tad on the wishful thinking side.

Rest assured that few not on the Trump train o' delusion will be staying home.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
I think the midterms were all about Trump and the blue wave was coming fueled solely on discontent towards the president. That changed though over Kavanaugh and the Dems made the midterms about them again which imo is not a winning strategy. It was turned into a political circus and the Dems are certainly the worse for it. They didn’t stop the confirmation and they came across looking rather Trumpish with their attempt at character assasination. That doesn’t exactly win the hearts and minds of anyone but the most faithful. And images of the several thousand strong invasion force marching toward our border isn’t helping matters either.

In the end even though the Dems much to their detriment made it less about Trump, it’s still inevitably going to be about Trump. But the foots been shot and I’m predicting not a wave but a ripple.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Rest assured that few not on the Trump train o' delusion will be staying home.
If they don't come out for this one they never will. But 90 seats (house and senate) changing sides would be huge.
Looks like the repubs picked up 114 seats in 1894, bad year to be a democrat. Recently it appears that 2010 was another big win for the pubs with 69 seats changing (odd that I have no memory of that, it was a big deal). So it looks like it's possible.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

Yeah, even as someone hoping for a shift that prevents the GOP from completely wrecking the country, I'm not counting on a huge shift in November. Democrats might well take the House, but I'm not expecting a Senate shift this round. Happy to be proven wrong, mind you...

Of course, if by some small miracle the Democrats take both sides of Congress, you can basically be assured that Trump will veto all but the least controversial bills (and even then, he may veto them out of childish spite).

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I think the midterms were all about Trump and the blue wave was coming fueled solely on discontent towards the president. That changed though over Kavanaugh and the Dems made the midterms about them again which imo is not a winning strategy. It was turned into a political circus and the Dems are certainly the worse for it. They didn’t stop the confirmation and they came across looking rather Trumpish with their attempt at character assasination. That doesn’t exactly win the hearts and minds of anyone but the most faithful. And images of the several thousand strong invasion force marching toward our border isn’t helping matters either.

In the end even though the Dems much to their detriment made it less about Trump, it’s still inevitably going to be about Trump. But the foots been shot and I’m predicting not a wave but a ripple.

Your framing betrays your true sympathies. Dems aren't thinking in those terms at all & neither are independents. I seriously doubt any of that will boost voting among the right wing faithful.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
If they don't come out for this one they never will. But 90 seats (house and senate) changing sides would be huge.
Looks like the repubs picked up 114 seats in 1894, bad year to be a democrat. Recently it appears that 2010 was another big win for the pubs with 69 seats changing (odd that I have no memory of that, it was a big deal). So it looks like it's possible.

I don't think we'll see that kind of shift, particularly not in the Senate. Dems would have to win basically every race & that won't happen.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999

I wouldn't dare predict anything.
Yeah, even as someone hoping for a shift that prevents the GOP from completely wrecking the country, I'm not counting on a huge shift in November. Democrats might well take the House, but I'm not expecting a Senate shift this round. Happy to be proven wrong, mind you...

Of course, if by some small miracle the Democrats take both sides of Congress, you can basically be assured that Trump will veto all but the least controversial bills (and even then, he may veto them out of childish spite).
If the dems take the house and senate I expect our government to be stalled out for the next two years. I don't think that's such a bad thing, as it fits in with my political view of not even trying to do any good, just work really hard on not fucking anything up. It's all about baby steps.

Reactions: UglyCasanova

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Your framing betrays your true sympathies. Dems aren't thinking in those terms at all & neither are independents. I seriously doubt any of that will boost voting among the right wing faithful.

Aren’t thinking in what terms, that the midterms is (was) about resentment toward Trump? That there isn’t a price to pay for the Kavanaugh fiasco?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Aren’t thinking in what terms, that the midterms is (was) about resentment toward Trump? That there isn’t a price to pay for the Kavanaugh fiasco?
Painting the Kavanaugh hearings as a fiasco only plays well among the Trump faithful. The real fiasco was McConnell changing the rules to ram him down Amerca's throat.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

You dont remember 2010? Wowsers....

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Painting the Kavanaugh hearings as a fiasco only plays well among the Trump faithful. The real fiasco was McConnell changing the rules to ram him down Amerca's throat.
It was a fiasco wrapped in a clusterfuck. No one walked away from that mess looking good.