in for a little Race

SirUlli

Jan 13, 2003
a get this Messenge from DoubleTop, which is one of the Admins from TMR

It would seem that Planet3DNow! and TPR have similiar RAC in Seti, and are not that far off each other in total points once we get some of our slackers back with the bungeeeeeeee

So once we have our SIMAP and Folding races ended and WON Who fancies a SETI challenge to Planet3DNow! ?

They are 2million in front of us, and a few thousand RAC higher, we could make it involve TeAm AnandTech as well as they are pretty close.

Position races are normally easier for all to see the status, could be as simple as one month crunching, who has the highest position ?

Take a look at the stats, let me know what you think

DT.

which this Teams

http://forums.teamphoenixrising.net/showthread.php?t=39565

http://www.planet3dnow.de/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2762327#post2762327

when you look at the RAC

http://www.boincsynergy.com/stats/teams.php?project=sah

at the Teams at Place 17, 18 and 19...

to brink some Fun back to Seti...

Gereetings from Germany
Sir Ulli

The Borg

Apr 9, 2006
I'm all for the 'bring some fun back in to SETI'.

Looks like there are one or two teams a bit higher up that may also be in line for overtaking if we put together enough credits.

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
I am game for this kind of race --- but we neeed more racers!
I'll ask TAS if this would be a "summer project" since we do not expect to to do some usual projects in the summer - due to vacations und such!
I could do some weekly stats here, Rattledagger does often the daily stats --- could be a lot of fun!

BlackMountainCow

Diamond Member
May 28, 2003
But the question would be if that is with optimized clients and apps or not. I'm not too involved with SETI so it might very well be that optmized apps and clients don't even exist anymore since the new advanced SETI client and the leaving of Crunch3r, I don't know.

I mean, is there a guaranteed really even playing field for a race?

The Borg

Apr 9, 2006
Hi BMC,

As far as I can tell, with SETI Enhanced, the optimised stuff is a bit out, so the playing fields will probably be level. But anyway, if the race is on, who wins? - Science of course, so who really cares. That is MHO.

DoubleTop

Jun 9, 2006
Nicely summed up The Borg, couldn't have put it better myself.

Looking forward to drumming up a load of interest after recent troubles.

DT.

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Originally posted by: The Borg
I'm all for the 'bring some fun back in to SETI'.

Looks like there are one or two teams a bit higher up that may also be in line for overtaking if we put together enough credits.

I'm up for it :)

panhead49

Golden Member
Jan 27, 2001
Im in.....just what we need to get more people involved and get some FUN in crunchin (like the old days) :)

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Yepp, and some hard stomping. :D

Just to get this started:
This is my pledge: If this race really gets started and runs, I will dedicate an RAC of at least 2000 to SETI for a period of at least 6 weeks or more depending on the duration of the race.

(Just now my SETI RAC is around 670 credits ... the remainder will be shared between SIMAP, Rosetta, MalariaControl and DPAD - on the one comp that can not run BOINC).

DoubleTop

Jun 9, 2006
So then - off we go, Planet 3DNow! have a headstart of fair amount, so rather than the original "lets stomp you" race plan, snapshot race total starts of

Planet 3DNow! 31,084,220 credits and 1857 members
Phoenix Rising 29,753,413 credits and 826 members
TeAm AnandTech 28,266,934 credits and 3426 member

Simple race strategy - get those crunchers going, who can crunch the most credits in a month. :D

DT.

Rattledagger

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2001
Originally posted by: DoubleTop
So then - off we go, Planet 3DNow! have a headstart of fair amount, so rather than the original "lets stomp you" race plan, snapshot race total starts of

Planet 3DNow! 31,084,220 credits and 1857 members
Phoenix Rising 29,753,413 credits and 826 members
TeAm AnandTech 28,266,934 credits and 3426 member

Simple race strategy - get those crunchers going, who can crunch the most credits in a month. :D

DT.

Hmm, according to the latest stats-dumps, the starting-stats was:
Planet 3DNow! - 31.071.520 total, 28.628 RAC.
Phoenix Rising - 29.731.226 total, 42.681 RAC.
TeAm AnandTech - 28.233.190 total, 53.245 RAC.

Atleast for me it will be much easier to rely on any of the external stats-sites than SETI@Home's own stats-page, since for one thing it doesn't matter if checks at the same time, and also since is already using these when posts the daily team-stats...

In any case, I've got left 36 hours on one "Seasonal Attribution", so my Seti-production should increase when this is finished. :)