In Defiance to terror.

ETHunter

Aug 26, 2001
This is my message to Terrorists.

You can break our bones, our building, but Never will you break our spirit. United we stand.. Divided you fall.

cakin

Golden Member
Feb 18, 2001
After 23 hours of driving,
I want to report that I am proud of the number of flags to be seen
on vehicle after vehicle while driving across the US yesterday and today!

I listened to a lot of radio while driving and heard the Canadian who stood up for America on NPR, I just wish I had a copy of his words to share with all of you.

Wiz

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
Cakin, was it this:

America: The Good Neighbor!

Widespread but only partial news coverage was given recently to a remarkable editorial broadcast from Toronto by Gordon Sinclair, a Canadian television commentator. What follows is the full text of his trenchant remarks as printed in the congressional Record:

"This Canadian thinks it is time to speak up for the Americans as the most generous and possibly the least appreciated people on all the earth. Germany, Japan and, to a lesser extent, Britain and Italy were lifted out of the debris of war by the Americans who poured in billions of dollars and forgave other billions in debts. None of these countries is today paying even the interest on its remaining debts to the United States.

When France was in danger of collapsing in 1956, it was the Americans who propped it up, and their reward was to be insulted and swindled on the streets of Paris. I was there. I saw it. When earthquakes hit distant cities, it is the United States that hurries in to help. This spring, 59 American communities were flattened by tornadoes. Nobody helped.

The Marshall Plan and the Truman Policy pumped billions of dollars into discouraged countries. Now newspapers in those countries are writing about the decadent, warmongering Americans. I'd like to see just one of those countries that is gloating over the erosion of the United States dollar build its own airplane. Does any other country in the world have a plane to equal the Boeing Jumbo Jet, the Lockheed Tri-Star, or the Douglas DC10? If so, why don't they fly them? Why do all the International lines except Russia fly American Planes?

Why does no other land on earth even consider putting a man or woman on the moon? You talk about Japanese technocracy, and you get radios. You talk about German technocracy, and you get automobiles. You talk about American technocracy, and you find men on the moon - not once, but several times and safely home again.

You talk about scandals, and the Americans put theirs right in the store window for everybody to look at. Even their draft-dodgers are not pursued and hounded. They are here on our streets, and most of them, unless they are breaking Canadian laws, are getting American dollars from ma and pa at home to spend here.

When the railways of France, Germany and India were breaking down through age, it was the Americans who rebuilt them. When the Pennsylvania Railroad and the New York Central went broke, nobody loaned them an old caboose. Both are still broke.

I can name you 5000 times when the Americans raced to the help of other people in trouble. Can you name me even one time when someone else raced to the Americans in trouble? I don't think there was outside help even during the San Francisco earthquake.

Our neighbors have faced it alone, and I'm one Canadian who is damned tired of hearing them get kicked around. They will come out of this thing with their flag high. And when they do, they are entitled to thumb their nose at the lands that are gloating over their present troubles. I hope Canada is not one of those."

Stand proud, America!

cakin

Golden Member
Feb 18, 2001
Thank you Wiz, thats it!
I couldn't go to sleep Tuesday night, I sat up flipping channels til probably 2 or 3 and hit the road at 8 est.
I heard this late Wednesday night about 100 miles from St Louis. Damn, it sure made me fell good.

I know that President Bush is a little busy right now, but he and a lot of Americans need to tell this man, "Thanks."

I also heard Schwartscof (sp?), I wish he was involved and they let him finish his job this time, instead of holding him back. It's time to turn a lot of places into parking lots.

Bomb it to the bedrock and pave it!

DanC

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2000
This will become known as the "awakening of the sleeping giant".

Bank on it.

bot2600

Platinum Member
May 18, 2001
I dont know who Gordon Sinclair is, but I for one as an American am DEEPLY touched by his statements. If I knew the number to the station he broadcasts from I would call and thank him personally. And he is right about one thing. We WILL come out of this flag high as hell after kicking major butt!!! I love this country and although I really liked visiting London, I would not want to live anywhere else but the good ole USA...

Bot

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
fire up my browser, read this thread, notice i have new mail, and get the exact same thing! although i think i've read this before, it is still a good read. we've gotten moral support, but are there any foreign crews in NY or DC?

aiex

Jul 5, 2001
I'm from england as you all probably know and normally i would start to argue about the war, but reading on you are right. We often put you down when you always help and maybe it's our turn again to help you all.

I come from an army town called colchester and as much as we would hate to see our men die we are willing to goto war with you americains and fight till to last man to rid the world of terrorists if that is what you wish.

I am glad that england has always had a very special relationship with america and i am not sure if you guys heard Tony Blair's speach but in his words we 'stand shoulder to shoulder' with you and we're willing to take whatever comes our way for the good of England, the US and mankind.

I only hope that not to many other innocent lives are lost in the forthcomming action when our nations and the rest of the world begin their fight in ernist. I can only hope we kick the crap (pardon my french) out of whoever did it. My brother nearly died in a nail bomb attact on a london bar and this made me think, and now my thoughts have stoped it't time for action.

My condolences go out to any of you there that have lost a loved one or even sombody down the street it is all the same the loss of one person can be felt by a nation let alone the horrible thought of how many may have been lost in that great tradagdy.

Ai3x

PS i apologise for my spelling but the time is now 23:30 GMT

OhioDude

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2001
Thank you for your thoughts, Alex. I know they are sincere and from your heart. :)

I was very touched by Tony Blair's speech. By late afternoon, Tuesday, I had played news roulette all morning and most of the afternoon catching the news on ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, HNN, etc., and then I found a local PBS station that was carrying BBC World News. I must admit that I enjoyed the BBC broadcasts immensely. Very refreshing to get another point of view.

I first heard Mr. Blair's speech while watching the BBC feed. What touched me deeply was just what you said, Alex. He did not say, "We offer our support", or "We stand behind the US". He said, "We stand shoulder to shoulder...". A very powerful choice of words that did not go unnoticed by this American.

To our Canadian brothers and sisters to our north and to our British brothers and sisters "across the pond"... God bless you and thank you.

SirAllen

Feb 8, 2001

<< I am glad that england has always had a very special relationship with america and i am not sure if you guys heard Tony Blair's speach but in his words we 'stand shoulder to shoulder' with you and we're willing to take whatever comes our way for the good of England, the US and mankind.
>>

Yes, Blair's speech was moving and powerful. It is very comforting to know that in times of crisis, and major world events that our best friend Britian is always there for us, as I hope we are always there for you. I have always cherished our special relationship, and feared (and still do) that the EU will eventually pull you guys away from that special friendship, but it is very reassuring that you and others are right there with us now. I hope this is always the case. Most of the time I feel we're a big target for hatred, jealousy, and anger and although some rejoice at this tragedy most of the world seems united in denouncing it, and that means a lot to me (and I hope all of us Amercans).

rexfalk

Feb 24, 2000
I saw on the evening news today that for the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace the Queen had ordered the band to play "The Star Spangled Banner". There was not a dry eye in the crowd or here either for that matter.

Rex