In Canada we...

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
are not phased when we are struck by automobiles.

Go ahead, make his day.

New York Islanders defenceman Brendan Witt was hit by a car in Philadelphia on Tuesday, according to Newsday. But Witt reportedly picked himself up off the road and, after a few profanities, assured everyone he was all right before continuing on his way, prompting one witness to say, "it was like seeing Clint Eastwood, but in hockey."

Witt was crossing Arch Street to get a cup of coffee when a gold Yukon truck made an illegal turn and hit the 34-year-old. Newsday says Witt tried to jump on the hood of the vehicle before being thrown to the ground as he was struck.

"I'm okay," Witt told the crowd as he dusted himself off, according to Newsday. "I've got to go play some hockey. I'm a hockey player. I'm okay. No big deal."

The onlooker was impressed.

"Boy that guy is tough," he said.

The 6'2, 219-pound blueliner downplayed the incident.

"I just got lucky," said Witt, who oddly enough had declined an offer for a drive to Wachovia Center from the team's medical staff just prior to the accident. "Fortunately nothing bad happened. I'm just a little sore."

The Humboldt, Saskatchewan native chose not to call police or get medical care, and was at the Isles' morning skate just a few hours later. He will play tonight against the Flyers.

Witt has two goals, one assist and 35 penalty minutes in 26 games for the Isles this season, and has no plans to star in any action films in the immediate future

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
you all like back bacon, right?
and donuts and beer
and moosen, you all have a pet moosen in your backyard