in a few sentences, why is there conflict in the middle east?

jinduy

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2002
i know it's religious but what's the conflict about again? does it have something to do with their gods having a different birthday or something?

ThaGrandCow

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
people are jealous of other people who think they're right, which means the original person is wrong.
people think that the easiest way to prove they are correct (which means they are better based on basic human nature to surpass others) is by killing believers of other beliefs until they submit and change to the original person's belief.

Skyclad1uhm1

Lifer
Aug 10, 2001
- Human ignorance.
- Human powermongering.
- Human selfishness.

Or to put it simpler: Humans.
Should just kill all humans, and there won't ever be this problem again.

ThaGrandCow

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
Please rate me. 10 or 1, it's all good.

I rated you a 1. I expect a 1 rate in retalliation, that's the order of things on ATOT with knee jerk reactions.

I would have probably rated you higher had you not begged in your sig to be rated. If that makes any sense.

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
Originally posted by: jinduy
i know it's religious but what's the conflict about again? does it have something to do with their gods having a different birthday or something?

The UN established Israel, a jewish home land, in Palestine about fifty years ago. This pissed off the people who lived in the area. And they are still pissed off about this.

jinduy

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2002
Originally posted by: ThaGrandCow
Please rate me. 10 or 1, it's all good.

I rated you a 1. I expect a 1 rate in retalliation, that's the order of things on ATOT with knee jerk reactions.

I would have probably rated you higher had you not begged in your sig to be rated. If that makes any sense.

it's all good.

<ARGH BLARGIT SDFJSDFJLSDFJD:S:FDSJDLSFJ:DSFDSF TIME TO GET REVENGE!>

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Quite some time ago there was a division between religion in the region. Islam split off from Judiaism, which might have been alright, but it happened in an area with little water or land that could be farmed. Two sides were competing for the same land and resources which spells trouble. Eventually, Islam came to dominate, and few jews were left. Then in the last century a movement began for various reasons that started the idea of recreating Israel. The culmination of this occured in 1947 when the UN divided Palestine into Arab and Jewish states. The jews wound up with a little more than half the land, although they consitituted less than 10 percent of the population. In 1948, Israel became a nation. That was the start of the first war. There have been land grabs and bad feelings ever since. I can go into later events if you wish, but you asked for the nutshell version.

KthxBye

Aug 7, 2001
It is not about religion. Judaism and Islam are two sides of the same religion. Israel was created out of land that already had people living in it. There isn't enough room for both the Palestinians, and both groups have an ancesteral claim to the land. Its a conflict over territory aggravated by fear, resentment, and a refusal to back down on either side. The whole thing is only brought to your attention because of our oil interests in the area. We support Israel in the hopes that they will stabalize the region and prevent Islamic exremists from taking over the area and cutting off our oil flow.

Aceshigh

Platinum Member
Aug 22, 2002
Because Israel was carved out of existing territory and formed to make a homeland for the Jewish people. The existing residents of that area don't like being subjugated like that. The Israelis feel they have a right to be there, and the Arabs feel like it is rightfully their land. The two sides are never going to agree on the issue.