IN a Dilemma

sarthakyadav

Oct 17, 2012
Hi,,,
I'm a newbie around here..
recently i ve been facing a weird problem..I just brought a palit gtx 550 ti along with a coller master thunder 500w psu..
The problem is ,i cant even play black ops maxed out..fraps shows avg fps under 30...i tried everything,even tried the game at 800x600 reso and all options off,,but still no significant increase in frame rates...I had a hd 5450 before,n it would play the game at low settings with ease,30+ fps..Checked the temps too ..never beyond 60 degrees
...:confused::|
My configuration is
amd athlon x2 5200+ 2.7 ghz
2gb ddr2 ram
ecs a740gm-m mobo..
5400 rpm wd 500gb hdd..

plz help me

Last edited:

Insomniator

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2002
Did you uninstall the old ATI drivers and install the newest Nvidia drivers from their website (not the cd that came with the card)?

sarthakyadav

Oct 17, 2012
thanx for replying
yes i did uninstall the amd drivers first and then downloaded the latest drivers from nvidia website...

sarthakyadav

Oct 17, 2012
or is it just a bottlenecking problem...i checked my system on can u run it...and didnt meet the min requirements though(thanx to my cpu)....but i did run it earlier with a weaker card

sarthakyadav

Oct 17, 2012
hmmmm...thanx .....which cpu do u think i should buy...i ll be playing at 1366x768...and a little short of money...i really feel like buying amd fx series cpu's...which one do u prefer??

sarthakyadav

Oct 17, 2012
all games have the same problem...but i did jst play black ops earlier with lowest settings and avg 35-40 fps...

for eg i hav ghost recon future soldier,in which whether no matter if i increase the settings to max out or decrease to lowest,i dont manage above 30fps..anywhere

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
all games have the same problem...but i did jst play black ops earlier with lowest settings and avg 35-40 fps...

for eg i hav ghost recon future soldier,in which whether no matter if i increase the settings to max out or decrease to lowest,i dont manage above 30fps..anywhere
that sounds about right with your cpu in this game. here the slowest cpu is much faster than yours and is only getting 33 fps on max quality. http://www.techspot.com/review/336-cod-black-ops-performance/page8.html

so yeah I have a hard time believing you were ever getting anywhere near 60fps+ with a 5450 in the first place even on low. that gpu does not even meet the minimum requirements for Black Ops or hardly any other modern game. and again even your cpu would certainly keep you from getting anywhere near 60 fps for an average in Black Ops no matter what gpu is used.

Last edited:

Cerb

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2000
I'm with Toyota. NV's drivers are definitely more CPU hungry, an issue for slower computers, but a Radeon HD 5450 aught to struggle with anything newer than Quake 3.

tweakboy

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2010
www.hammiestudios.com
YUP like people know I have posted on other threads... If your going to switch from nvidia to ATI or from ATI to nVidia you probably need a clean format.

drivers get tangled and what your experiencing happens. You came from ATI , so my only answer is format, it was your decision to change vendors, but when you change vendors you have to realize there comes a cost which is this. Soo sorry but my answer is clean format and you will be on your way to 60fps constant in black ops without slowdowns...gl

You can also try a repair install so you dont lose all you have on your drive. It does a repair. Make shure you uninstall all ATI stuff and drivers and CCC before running repair install. gl

sarthakyadav

Oct 17, 2012
that sounds about right with your cpu in this game. here the slowest cpu is much faster than yours and is only getting 33 fps on max quality. http://www.techspot.com/review/336-cod-black-ops-performance/page8.html

so yeah I have a hard time believing you were ever getting anywhere near 60fps+ with a 5450 in the first place even on low. that gpu does not even meet the minimum requirements for Black Ops or hardly any other modern game. and again even your cpu would certainly keep you from getting anywhere near 60 fps for an average in Black Ops no matter what gpu is used.
buddy i never had 60fps....i ve mentioned earlier b/w 30 and 40...never above dat...

and about clean format i already did dat....i had win xp before..now i hav win 7

balane

Dec 15, 2006
You could probably use a little more RAM gaming on Windows 7 that you didn't need as badly with XP.

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
buddy i never had 60fps....i ve mentioned earlier b/w 30 and 40...never above dat...

and about clean format i already did dat....i had win xp before..now i hav win 7
dat? um, okay.

you said that you got 60 fps + with your 5450 and 5200 X2 and I do not believe that is possible.