I'm still "With Her"

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Your quote didn't appear to be a quote (usually people use quotation marks) and if it had not been, it would have been quite sexist and ageist. In the future, indicate that you are quoting somebody using normal english punctuation and I will refrain from confusing a quote with a statement made by you.
Fair enough

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
I've never said she is worst than Trump. I have said she was probably the most vulnerable candidate to face him.
And in a sane America that shouldn't have even been a remote possibility. I am far from her biggest cheerleader but her "deplorable" remark was spot on. I thought it when she said it and not one Trumpublican has managed to changed my mind since.

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
How about I revise my recommendation to perhaps just allowing her to run for senate or house again?

I can see why having her run as Prez is probably a bad idea... there is too much bad blood. She would make a great senator tho, I still think that's true.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
How about I revise my recommendation to perhaps just allowing her to run for senate or house again?

I can see why having her run as Prez is probably a bad idea... there is too much bad blood. She would make a great senator tho, I still think that's true.

Bull fucking shit. She was my senator and she was a terrible senator. Could never get an answer or call back from her. Whenever I've called her replacement Kirsten Gillibrand they always replied.

Is it that one wanted to be seen as presidential and the other is just doing the job they're supposed to do?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Bull fucking shit. She was my senator and she was a terrible senator. Could never get an answer or call back from her. Whenever I've called her replacement Kirsten Gillibrand they always replied.

Is it that one wanted to be seen as presidential and the other is just doing the job they're supposed to do?

Did you just say she was a bad senator because she didn't return your call? Lol self centered much?

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2006
I never wanted her the first time. No more dynasty names. Already had one Clinton, dont need his wife also. Someone better needs to step up and start stealing some lime light.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Did you just say she was a bad senator because she didn't return your call? Lol self centered much?

Yes I am self centered when it comes to my safety and well being.

Hildabeast was just looking to score political points what looks good on camera. Gillibrand on the other hand, her staff will return a call within a week and investigate if you have a problem.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013

Yeah, fuck the people right? Its not like she should care about the people, that would stop her from helping those people.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Yeah! Because if she isn't helping me then clearly she isn't helping people!!!

/s

Nope, you are trying to shift what was said. Every person who reaches out should get some sort of a response. This does not mean action and help should always happen, but a response should. That is clearly the point and any shift will be seen as stupid.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Nope, you are trying to shift what was said. Every person who reaches out should get some sort of a response. This does not mean action and help should always happen, but a response should. That is clearly the point and any shift will be seen as stupid.

Lol, that sounds feasible and reasonable.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Lol, that sounds feasible and reasonable.

Yes it is feasible and reasonable. The entire population is not trying to contact their senators. Further, you are suggesting there not be a direct link from the people to the senators that represent them which is absurd. The very foundation of our country is built upon representation. I am not saying that the senator even needs to be the one to reply, but someone from the office absolutely should. You may have accepted the disconnect, but that is a very bad policy to promote.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Yes it is feasible and reasonable. The entire population is not trying to contact their senators. Further, you are suggesting there not be a direct link from the people to the senators that represent them which is absurd. The very foundation of our country is built upon representation. I am not saying that the senator even needs to be the one to reply, but someone from the office absolutely should. You may have accepted the disconnect, but that is a very bad policy to promote.

Thanks for the straw man, it will go nicely with the goal post you moved earlier.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Thanks for the straw man, it will go nicely with the goal post you moved earlier.

Careful, if you ever hold up that mirror you might see yourself.

Guy says Hillary never replied, but the replaced does. Square that circle. How was Hillary unable, but the replacement able? Is her office Hogwarts powered?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Careful, if you ever hold up that mirror you might see yourself.

Guy says Hillary never replied, but the replaced does. Square that circle. How was Hillary unable, but the replacement able? Is her office Hogwarts powered?

Yeah I can't imagine a world in which one senator was able to reply and another wasn't, its not like you cannot take anecdotal evidence and extrapolate it to make a blanket statement. I'm sure senators also receive the same amount of calls so such comparisons are pretty easy to make, there can't possibly be other factors that would cause one senator to respond and another not to. I mean even the events and issues at the time were similar and its not like one was facing a major historical event and the other wasn't.

/s

How are you so fucking stupid sometimes?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Yes I am self centered when it comes to my safety and well being.

Hildabeast was just looking to score political points what looks good on camera. Gillibrand on the other hand, her staff will return a call within a week and investigate if you have a problem.

To be fair, Hillary's staff were busy running charities. If you paid 6 figures they would have returned your call.

Reactions: Indus

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Yeah I can't imagine a world in which one senator was able to reply and another wasn't, its not like you cannot take anecdotal evidence and extrapolate it to make a blanket statement. I'm sure senators also receive the same amount of calls so such comparisons are pretty easy to make, there can't possibly be other factors that would cause one senator to respond and another not to. I mean even the events and issues at the time were similar and its not like one was facing a major historical event and the other wasn't.

/s

How are you so fucking stupid sometimes?

Oh, sick burn there.

Yes, Hillary was around during a hyper political time and we are far calmer now. People are just so much more level headed and there is just far less for a senator to do now. With all that free time, senators are able to reply to questions now. Just an amazingly calm time we live in politically. Sorry I was so dumb to have missed that.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Oh, sick burn there.

Yes, Hillary was around during a hyper political time and we are far calmer now. People are just so much more level headed and there is just far less for a senator to do now. With all that free time, senators are able to reply to questions now. Just an amazingly calm time we live in politically. Sorry I was so dumb to have missed that.

Lol! You still don't get it and I doubt you ever will. Your types like to remain ignorant of history unless its politically expedient.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
I'd still vote for Hillary but I'm a rational person and most people clearly are not. People are easily swayed by emotion, appealing speech and garner poorly defined, often unimplementable beliefs. Thus people like Hillary who mostly appeal to reason will have a hard time in politics. Its a wonder she got as far as she did in her political career imo.