I'm so proud of my car!

toph99

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2000
I just swapped on my old crappy tires(waiting to get new rims and tires, and i didn't wanna put unnecessary mileage on my snow tires) so i figured i'd go out with a buddy after work and 'break them in' again ;) i didn't think the old girl would break them loose, but with a bit of water i got quite a nice cloud of smoke floating through the parking lot, and a nice pile of rubber behind me(only one, i have an open diff :() i'm so proud of her! :D

btw it's a 1993 crown victoria lx, 3.27 open diff, 4.6L SOHC V8

just thought i'd share :cool:

toph99

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2000
Originally posted by: Rufio
u just peeled off a layer of your tires!! smart guy~

yeah, and? These are getting junked as soon as i get my new wheels, i figure i may as well burn em off :)

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Again, I must reiterate what others have said - no. You drive a fogeymobile, nothing to be proud of ;)

toph99

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2000
Originally posted by: rbloedow
Again, I must reiterate what others have said - no. You drive a fogeymobile, nothing to be proud of ;)

what do you drive?
rolleye.gif

LaLaLand

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: toph99
I just swapped on my old crappy tires(waiting to get new rims and tires, and i didn't wanna put unnecessary mileage on my snow tires) so i figured i'd go out with a buddy after work and 'break them in' again ;) i didn't think the old girl would break them loose, but with a bit of water i got quite a nice cloud of smoke floating through the parking lot, and a nice pile of rubber behind me(only one, i have an open diff :() i'm so proud of her! :D

btw it's a 1993 crown victoria lx, 3.27 open diff, 4.6L SOHC V8

just thought i'd share :cool:

LOL
rolleye.gif

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: rbloedow Again, I must reiterate what others have said - no. You drive a fogeymobile, nothing to be proud of ;)
what do you drive?
rolleye.gif

Hey, stop trying to change the discussion, buddy. We aren't talking about my car, we're talking about your fogeymobile.

toph99

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2000
Originally posted by: rbloedow Again, I must reiterate what others have said - no. You drive a fogeymobile, nothing to be proud of ;)
what do you drive?
rolleye.gif

Hey, stop trying to change the discussion, buddy. We aren't talking about my car, we're talking about your fogeymobile.

think of it what you like, but i love it and it does everything i need it to. Plus it puts ricers in their places :)

brxndxn

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2001
Again, I must reiterate what others have said - no. You drive a fogeymobile, nothing to be proud of

.. It doesn't matter WTF he's driving when it burns rubber, has a V8, and is fun to drive.

Seriously.. You could have a 2 second (yup, 2 second 1/4 mile) Honda Civic.. and that does not make it a McLaren. But, if you're having fun in your Civic, more power to you.

I beat so many cars in my dad's 92' Cadillac DeVille.. That 4.9L V8 has tons of power when needed. It was fun to teach a Mustang pony car that he's got a V6 under the hood.

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
what do you drive?
rolleye.gif
think of it what you like, but i love it and it does everything i need it to. Plus it puts ricers in their places :)

Puts ricers in their places?!?!? Your car gets from 0-60 in 9.5 seconds! Even my POS 110hp Nissan 200SX 4-banger beats you at 8.5seconds!!! :confused: Now, when it comes to space, you've got the car for it, but you can't excape the stigma of of it being a fogeymobile.

PsychoAndy

Lifer
Dec 31, 2000
what do you drive?
rolleye.gif

Puts ricers in their places?!?!? Your car gets from 0-60 in 9.5 seconds! Even my POS 110hp Nissan 200SX 4-banger beats you at 8.5seconds!!! :confused:

It's the chosen police-issue vehicle for countless North American police departments. Not to mention it can probably withstand accidents a lot better.

Edit: you're also forgetting there are lots of civic owners out there....need i say more?

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: PsychoAndy
what do you drive?
rolleye.gif
Puts ricers in their places?!?!? Your car gets from 0-60 in 9.5 seconds! Even my POS 110hp Nissan 200SX 4-banger beats you at 8.5seconds!!! :confused:
It's the chosen police-issue vehicle for countless North American police departments. Not to mention it can probably withstand accidents a lot better.

That'sa just because ford uses incentives to get them to buy them. I'm glad my local dept uses V8 Camaros in the mix :)