I'm over it

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I'm about to the point where I say the United States should just say, "screw it". I don't mean pull out of Iraq - I mean pull out of everywhere. Germany, Guantanamo, the Phillipines, Korea, the Middle East - everywhere there's an American serviceman, bring 'em home. Use them to guard the borders and keep illegals from getting in, whether they be from Mexico or terrorists trying to slip in under the wall. Build a huge-ass wall around the whole stinkin' country, cease all foreign aid, boot the UN the hell out of New York, and basically tell the rest of the world to take care of themselves. If they wanna to buy sh*t from us, great, we'll sell it to them. They wanna sell sh*t to us, fine, we'll buy it. But other than that, tell them to get bent. If the U.S. is so evil and the root of everything that's wrong in the world, take about 10 steps back and wash our hands of the whole stinkin', sodden mess. I'm sick of seeing f*cking animals tearing the dead bodies of my countrymen apart on television.

Pers

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
you don't really understand how our currency works, do you?

your opinion is cute (america is "helping" the world just for the hell of it) but don't sound like such an idiot while sharing it w/ the rest of us.

Aug 14, 2001
Nobody thinks that the US is the 'root of everything that's wrong in the world'...everyone knows that title mainly belongs to Europe. They raped the world ten times over. What they did will never be equal to the petty 'evil' things that the US does.

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Pers
you don't really understand how our currency works, do you?

your opinion is cute (america is "helping" the world just for the hell of it) but don't sound like such an idiot while sharing it w/ the rest of us.

ah I am once again reminded of why I don't wander into this forum very often. another know-it-all who adds nothing except an insult.

Pers

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Originally posted by: PipBoy

ah I am once again reminded of why I don't wander into this forum very often. another know-it-all who adds nothing except an insult.

ok. i'll make it brief cause ihave things to do. our trading power = our military presence around the world. our dollar is backed by nothign but paper. Get it? Our Dollar doesn't equal sh!t if we don't hve military presence around the world, because it diminshes our trading power. ex. we have military presence in saudi to protect a REPRESSIVE regime (the irony?). They trade oil for PAPER DOLLARS. that money goes into an account in the US where it can be spent only in the us. The regime uses it to buy whatever it needs from us. They buy x amount of cotton - and money gets taken out of account and goes to an american company. They get cotton, we get oil, and we keep the dollar strong. (saudi can use the dollar to trade w/ china the next day) Saddam traded w/ the euro. Saddam was EVIL. ok.. have a nice day. wait,actually dont.

xyyz

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2000
Originally posted by: X-Man
I'm about to the point where I say the United States should just say, "screw it". I don't mean pull out of Iraq - I mean pull out of everywhere. Germany, Guantanamo, the Phillipines, Korea, the Middle East - everywhere there's an American serviceman, bring 'em home. Use them to guard the borders and keep illegals from getting in, whether they be from Mexico or terrorists trying to slip in under the wall. Build a huge-ass wall around the whole stinkin' country, cease all foreign aid, boot the UN the hell out of New York, and basically tell the rest of the world to take care of themselves. If they wanna to buy sh*t from us, great, we'll sell it to them. They wanna sell sh*t to us, fine, we'll buy it. But other than that, tell them to get bent. If the U.S. is so evil and the root of everything that's wrong in the world, take about 10 steps back and wash our hands of the whole stinkin', sodden mess. I'm sick of seeing f*cking animals tearing the dead bodies of my countrymen apart on television.

ummm how far do you want to go into isolationism?

dirtboy

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

our dollar is backed by nothign but paper.

Our dollar is made of paper, but it is backed by the laws of our government. Even if we pulled out militarily, other nations would still invest here and still take the dollar.

Genesys

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2003

ok. i'll make it brief cause ihave things to do. our trading power = our military presence around the world. our dollar is backed by nothign but paper. Get it? Our Dollar doesn't equal sh!t if we don't hve military presence around the world, because it diminshes our trading power. ex. we have military presence in saudi to protect a REPRESSIVE regime (the irony?). They trade oil for PAPER DOLLARS. that money goes into an account in the US where it can be spent only in the us. The regime uses it to buy whatever it needs from us. They buy x amount of cotton - and money gets taken out of account and goes to an american company. They get cotton, we get oil, and we keep the dollar strong. (saudi can use the dollar to trade w/ china the next day) Saddam traded w/ the euro. Saddam was EVIL. ok.. have a nice day. wait,actually dont.

does fort knox mean anything to you? if i remember correctly, thats what out paper dollar is backed up by.

and yeah, i would be all for isolationism myself, but perhaps not to that extreme. id keep guantanamo and the bases in england and austrailia and the phillippeans and germany, but id get the hell out of everywhere else [especially S. America]

MonstaThrilla

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2000
Originally posted by: Genesys
does fort knox mean anything to you? if i remember correctly, thats what out paper dollar is backed up by.

and yeah, i would be all for isolationism myself, but perhaps not to that extreme. id keep guantanamo and the bases in england and austrailia and the phillippeans and germany, but id get the hell out of everywhere else [especially S. America]

You don't remember correctly. Our money is backed up by nothing. We were taken off the gold then silver standard decades ago. I believe you can still find bills with a blue stamp on them (as opposed to the green one we have now), and if you took that bill to a bank, you would get a physical bag of silver. Those are collector's items these days. The Federal Reserve Notes we have today are valuable because our government says they're valuable.

Drift3r

Jun 3, 2003
Originally posted by: MonstaThrilla

You don't remember correctly. Our money is backed up by nothing. We were taken off the gold then silver standard decades ago. I believe you can still find bills with a blue stamp on them (as opposed to the green one we have now), and if you took that bill to a bank, you would get a physical bag of silver. Those are collector's items these days. The Federal Reserve Notes we have today are valuable because our government says they're valuable.

Sort but more like because we are known to pay off our debts more often then other nations.

Pers

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Originally posted by: dirtboy

Our dollar is made of paper, but it is backed by the laws of our government. Even if we pulled out militarily, other nations would still invest here and still take the dollar.

blah blah blah....

please explain how it is backed by the laws of our government? actually don't... i probably wouldn't waste my time reading your explanation anyway.

edit: and the backing of the dollar by our military presence is quite complicated and i didn't really word it so great. otherwise...you get the idea. here, read this. it has a lot of big words ...but if you put your mind to it...nvm.

Pers

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001

ok, not to be rude or anything...but who the hell cares what you'd do?

you have .00001% amount of information regarding what's going on in the world. you juggle the crap you hear on the news, your own stereotypes, and the things you pretend to know -then make an opinion regarding America's foreign policy as if what you say makes sense, similar to X-man. if you don't know that a dollar is only paper, then your opinion regarding our military presence around the globe is trash. anyway... it's funny how you want us to practice isolationism, but judging from the rest of your posts, would probably like us to remain a b!tch to israel.

like i said...no one cares that you want us out of south america. and x-man...there are so many flaws with your thinking... i wouldn't even want to begin pointing them out. besides the fact that you think we're only out to help other countries when we systematically place our military bases there... your sesame street vision of the world is about as ridiculous as bush's presidency.

and what the hell is wrong w/ the UN?! omg you're fvcking annoyingly stupid.

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
Simply put isolationism never worked and NEVER will work.

We can't simply draw out of everywhere, but on the other hand we can't let unilaterial preemptive interventionism be our guiding foreign policy.

If you see the roots of our problems today, terrorism... were in part caused by our ignoring the atrocities of Isreal while supporting them as well as our inconsistant foreign policy. During the Ford-Carter-Reagan, we essentially made our enemies then by overthrowing democracies, and we illegally funneled arms to terrorists. Hell Osama Bin Laden, was trained by us. We got the afghans to fight and win against the soviets then we abandon them, we got the Iraqi's to rebel against saddam in '91 and then we abandoned them while they were slaughtered. This inconsistancy and reckless shift in our foreign policy is dangerous to our longterm security of this nation.

No country trusts us, the a good portion of the world hates us and this latest adventure in Iraq has been a disaster because we weren't willing to work with the rest of the world.

What works and has worked in the past is good old fashion mutilaterism, it worked during Kosovo, it worked in World War II.

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
and x-man...there are so many flaws with your thinking... i wouldn't even want to begin pointing them out. besides the fact that you think we're only out to help other countries when we systematically place our military bases there... your sesame street vision of the world is about as ridiculous as bush's presidency.

Hey, Pers, you know what? Fvck you. I had a really bad day yesterday, some things piled on top of it, and I reacted emotionally. If I'm stupid for getting upset, fine, I'm stupid. But even if I am, I can learn, and you'll still be an asshole.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
You know one of the few things about Dub that appealed to me during his 2000 election Campaign was his promise not to be the World's Policeman and get into the Business of "Nation Building" Opps!!!! there goes that promise down the drain. I can unbderstand how the 9/11 attacki changed some things but when you consider all the Neo Cons he has in his Cabinet you have to wonder if he ever meant to keep that promise.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
You know one of the few things about Dub that appealed to me during his 2000 election Campaign was his promise not to be the World's Policeman and get into the Business of "Nation Building" Opps!!!! there goes that promise down the drain. I can unbderstand how the 9/11 attacki changed some things but when you consider all the Neo Cons he has in his Cabinet you have to wonder if he ever meant to keep that promise.

Yeah, I remember thinking that same thing. Good thing I didn't vote for the idiot, otherwise I'd really be mad at myself.

dirtboy

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

please explain how it is backed by the laws of our government? actually don't... i probably wouldn't waste my time reading your explanation anyway.

hahaha You wouldn't read it because you know you are wrong and it doesn't support your beliefs. Stop posting troll.

Frdm51472

May 30, 2002

ok, not to be rude or anything...but who the hell cares what you'd do?

you have .00001% amount of information regarding what's going on in the world. you juggle the crap you hear on the news, your own stereotypes, and the things you pretend to know -then make an opinion regarding America's foreign policy as if what you say makes sense, similar to X-man. if you don't know that a dollar is only paper, then your opinion regarding our military presence around the globe is trash. anyway... it's funny how you want us to practice isolationism, but judging from the rest of your posts, would probably like us to remain a b!tch to israel.

like i said...no one cares that you want us out of south america. and x-man...there are so many flaws with your thinking... i wouldn't even want to begin pointing them out. besides the fact that you think we're only out to help other countries when we systematically place our military bases there... your sesame street vision of the world is about as ridiculous as bush's presidency.

and what the hell is wrong w/ the UN?! omg you're fvcking annoyingly stupid.

So, anyone who doesnt align with your beliefs is misinformed, but you have all the answers?

Pers

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001

hahaha You wouldn't read it because you know you are wrong and it doesn't support your beliefs. Stop posting troll.

laws of our government. so you're sticking with your story? how pitiful.

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
X-Man:

I hear you, man. Just think what we could do with all that money. I'm not sure I'd bring everyone home, but I'd bring a heck of a lot of them home. That sentiment rings true for a lot of Americans today.

Let the S.Koreans handle their mess. Let Israel/Palestinians/Syria/Lebanon/Iran/etc. continue to screw up the Middle East. Germany now has our AMD plant so they can defend themselves. :)

Why do we have to supply the ambulance, the driver, and many of the victims? It has become tiresome....
-Robert

miguel

Nov 2, 2001
Originally posted by: X-Man

Well, X-man, think of it this way. We are the better man, because if our military was un-leashed, we would annihilate anyone in our way. Imagine if WWII was fought with today's military. The problem is the military is designed to fight big wars, not little piddly battles.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001

laws of our government. so you're sticking with your story? how pitiful.

Yeah it's almost as stupid as that sh!t you posted about the strength of the dollar being based on military bases and the war being started because OPEC might switch to the Euro.