I'm off to buy my first gun!! FINALLY!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Now, mod the holy crap outta it.

The 10/22 is one of the guns that's so popular with the aftermarket that you could build one from aftermarket parts.

like this

Bulk Beef

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
No thanks. I have no intention of any of my money, even a fraction of one percent of it, going to that pathetic piece of trash who should be set adrift in the Pacific on a small boat, preferably with a leaking chum bag near a great white hangout.
While I think downloading movies is a complete waste of time, I d/ld BfC b/c I felt I should see it, but didn't want any of my money going to that fat fvck. It was worthwhile - reading about his distortions is one thing, but I think you really need to see it to have a conversation about it.

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
2 courses? There is only 1 safety on that rifle, if it takes him 2 classes to find it he shouldn't be shooting a gun...
Safety courses aren't required to learn where the safety is, but how to handle a firearm safely. Believe me, for the majority of people, particularly those who were never permitted by their parents to touch a firearm, one class ain't enough.

AndrewR

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
hrmmmm. It seems like you got some bad mags if they are jamming up. I've shot a couple hundred through with a 30 round mag, no jam ups.

Ok, let me clarify. It jams in two situations. First, when the magazine is near empty (maybe ten rounds left), the spring loses its force, and rounds can jam in the breech. The 30 round mags may not suffer the same fate because they have 20 fewer rounds so the spring isn't stretched out as far. Second, if you use some of the high velocity rounds like Remington Yellowjackets (think that's the name) which have a conical nose instead of a round one, the rounds can again jam in the breech.

I also hate shredding my finger trying to get the last ten or so rounds in. Damn thing is tough!

Wintermute76

Jan 8, 2003
You'll like the 10/22. I"ve got 3, and building a 10/22 magnum. Great little rifles.

Not sure if you'll be able to legally buy a 25,30 or 50 round mag in Kalifornia tho.

Also, check out Rimfire Central for more 10/22 info.

Have fun and shoot straight :D