I'm Mardi Gras was AWESOME!!! (just got back 2/24)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

AgentEL

Golden Member
Jun 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Jigga
Originally posted by: dahotboykj
Did you go to Endymion?
Saturday night I went to Endymion, Sunday I went to a few afternoon parades and Bacchus at night, Monday a bunch of parades were cancelled but Orpheus was still on at night...watched it from the hotel cuz it was raining pretty hard at times. Mostly I just hung out on Bourbon St. drinking hurricanes and hand grenades and watchin the tizzles. The best were these bodypainted girls walking around with no clothes on.

I didn't take pics on Bourbon St. since I was afraid of taking my camera there (didn't even take cellphone or wallet, just ID and cash in pocket) but I've got a bunch of G-rated pics from the parades and such.

On Saturday night I also went to this club in the warehouse district called Metropolitan (everyone just calls it 'Metro'.) OMG talk about AzN pride!!! So many richass Asians there...I saw 4 Escalades pull up, all of them on dubs, a few with TVs in the headrests, and all were driven by these shorty Asian guys who looked 16 or 17. I asked my friend who's a local, she said a lot of Vietnamese in New Orleans these days, and they're all in gangs or something. But the club was still fun, and these Asian girls weren't too stuck up and would dance with anyone (even me!)

haha AzN pride! I went to the Metro about a year ago. Man, that place was huge! I was shocked with the number of asian people considering the huge majority of other people I saw in the city were non-asian.

good times. cheers! :beer:

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Squisher
So, do you remember who made the best hurricane?
Pat O's definately packed the biggest punch, but generally I stuck to the big, cheap, fruity hurricanes on Bourbon St.

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Originally posted by: Jigga
Originally posted by: dahotboykj
Did you go to Endymion?
Saturday night I went to Endymion, Sunday I went to a few afternoon parades and Bacchus at night, Monday a bunch of parades were cancelled but Orpheus was still on at night...watched it from the hotel cuz it was raining pretty hard at times. Mostly I just hung out on Bourbon St. drinking hurricanes and hand grenades and watchin the tizzles. The best were these bodypainted girls walking around with no clothes on.

I didn't take pics on Bourbon St. since I was afraid of taking my camera there (didn't even take cellphone or wallet, just ID and cash in pocket) but I've got a bunch of G-rated pics from the parades and such.

On Saturday night I also went to this club in the warehouse district called Metropolitan (everyone just calls it 'Metro'.) OMG talk about AzN pride!!! So many richass Asians there...I saw 4 Escalades pull up, all of them on dubs, a few with TVs in the headrests, and all were driven by these shorty Asian guys who looked 16 or 17. I asked my friend who's a local, she said a lot of Vietnamese in New Orleans these days, and they're all in gangs or something. But the club was still fun, and these Asian girls weren't too stuck up and would dance with anyone (even me!)
haha...the Metropolitan is SO cheesy.
I miss New Orleans....2 years in a row I've missed Mardi Gras. :(
Glad you're having a good time.

edmicman

Golden Member
May 30, 2001
get a grenade too

or better yet, get a knockout-191 from Ginger. Shes in a little side shop off of Bourbon.

CChaos

Golden Member
Mar 4, 2003
I went a couple of times in college but that's going on 10 years ago now. It's definitely a good time! Both times we pretty much went on a whim. 24 hours straight driving each way but it was a blast!