I'm in serious need of an efficient means to organize my daily "action items"...

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I'm constantly inundated with requests from clients, colleagues, and otherwise. I have to track my time at work at an extremely granular level as we often bill by the hour. I've found that often some of these requests simply never register in my head and are consequently ignored. I need something to organize all my "to dos"/"action items" that is extremely easy, quick, and clean. I have a laptop, iPAQ, Palm, several organizers, ad nauseum, but nothing seems to work for me. I even wrote my own software for my iPAQ and my Samsung 8500 cell phone called TMS (Time Management System), but I stopped developing it as I had no time...

Perhaps I just have ADD? :D

Help! I know there are people like me out there...

Spooner

Lifer
Jan 16, 2000
dude, if you EVER find a good answer to this question, i'll give you $500.

i'm in your EXACT boat. My Palm collects dust and yet i miss action items..... figure that one out

p.s. just kiddin about that $500 ;)

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
I like using the "tasks" feature of outlook/exchange.

I can set priorities, nag messages, and follow up dates. I can log my work(with hours) into the notes section of tasks. I can assign colors to different clients/sites/whatever.

Pretty handy.

DnetMHZ

Diamond Member
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: vi_edit
I like using the "tasks" feature of outlook/exchange.

I can set priorities, nag messages, and follow up dates. I can log my work(with hours) into the notes section of tasks. I can assign colors to different clients/sites/whatever.

Pretty handy.

ditto