I'm in Cincinnati

MadPeriot

Golden Member
Dec 5, 2003
I'm on a business trip here near downtown Cincinnati, is there anything particular I must visit or see? I will be here until Saturday. Any ideas would be appreciated.

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
Go across the river to Newport, KY (its a border city). Go to the Newport Aquarium. Then go to the Hofbrauhaus Resturant / Bar at night. It is a blast.

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Catch a Reds game and have some chili !

also they got a cool zoo and a underground railroad.

BS911

Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: edro13
Go across the river to Newport, KY (its a border city). Go to the Newport Aquarium. Then go to the Hofbrauhaus Resturant / Bar at night. It is a blast.

Great Advice here! You won't have a better combination of good food / good times than at the Hofbrauhaus!!

-BS911

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
There's a big-ass Jillians in Covington...about 1 mile south of the river off I-75. Not sure what the crowd would be like on a Wed. night, though.

One hint, though, don't venture too far around on foot in downtown Cincinnati.

Papagayo

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2003
Originally posted by: Tom
Catch a Reds game and have some chili !

also they got a cool zoo and a underground railroad.

Can't watch Reds game in January; Too cold for the Zoo; and Underground Railroad is a BUST...

Go to Kentucky and visit Newport Aquarium, just like edro said.. or visit the Cincinnati Art Museum (free on weekdays).. Eat at La Maison..

Nothing else to do in Cincinnati. You can hang out at Over the Rhine at night, if you want to get shot.

BS911

Oct 10, 1999
If you find yourself in a place called "Over-The-Rhine" lock all your doors, drive real fast, and hope you can miss the bullets flying at you! :p