I'm honestly tying to give Trump a chance

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013
Even if you sympathize with some aspects of his agenda, you have to admit that the way he goes about doing it is really utterly incompetent. Like, Obama himself has hinted that Islam itself has deep structural problems, and this sort of attitude and the natural incentives he has in not having further terrorist attacks on his watch, likely led to significant restrictions. Of course he put on a public face. Trump it looks like will always have a hard time getting any restriction, no matter how valid, because he has no reservoir of goodwill.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I'm not sure I understand his thinking on this. He already gets to appoint or have this appointees appoint the top four or five tiers of each agency leadership. I guess he hasn't figured out yet that the agencies work for the President.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
I'm honestly tying to give Trump a chance
913.gif

Reactions: Sheik Yerbouti

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Because terrorists are terrorists. They don't fucking care about their country, they just want to terrorize anyone not like them. Doesn't matter if you use a bomb or gun or a vote. The end result is the same.. human suffering.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Trump blew his chance when he started appointing people who weren't going to be supportive of his promises to protect medicare and social security made during 2016 to cabinet positions in his administration.

Just when we thought it couldn't get worse than the early 2000's....

justoh

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2013
When god gives children aids us trump aides, make lemonaides?

Last edited:

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I just think back to all the things the right accused Obama of or complained about and I try to imagine a character that would actually match their description of him and honestly I can't come up with anyone as close to it as trump is to that character. He embodies the caricature they imagined Obama to be and they worship him and defend him no matter how small the slight.

Reactions: tweaker2

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Because terrorists are terrorists. They don't fucking care about their country, they just want to terrorize anyone not like them. Doesn't matter if you use a bomb or gun or a vote. The end result is the same.. human suffering.

Whut? Are you saying Trump is appointing terrorists to watch other terrorists he appointed?

Nov 25, 2013
I guess I suck at google translate? Supposed to be thank you comrade political officer. I translated one word at a time though.

This is what I got

spasibo tovarishchu po politicheskim voprosam

спасибо товарищу по политическим вопросам

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
This is what I got

spasibo tovarishchu po politicheskim voprosam

спасибо товарищу по политическим вопросам

I used the word zampolit cuz I read it in Tom Clancy's Hunt for Red October oh so many years ago.