I'm honestly tying to give Trump a chance

Feb 4, 2009

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
"Jared want to give everyone aides" (Which sadly turned out to be true.)

I had the same "In Soviet Russia" reaction to that headline, but reading the whole article makes it seem more benign.

Apparently Obama didn't need this because he micromanaged in his own way (from that article):

"The Obama White House kept tight control over agencies, telling senior officials what they could publicly disclose about their own department’s operations. Foreign policy became so centralized that State Department and Defense Department officials complained privately that they felt micromanaged on key decisions."

There are many reasons (including the endless stream of twitter lies and slander) not to give Trump a chance, but I give him a pass on this one.

Reactions: JimKiler
Feb 4, 2009
"Jared want to give everyone aides" (Which sadly turned out to be true.)

I had the same "In Soviet Russia" reaction to that headline, but reading the whole article makes it seem more benign.

Apparently Obama didn't need this because he micromanaged in his own way (from that article):

"The Obama White House kept tight control over agencies, telling senior officials what they could publicly disclose about their own department’s operations. Foreign policy became so centralized that State Department and Defense Department officials complained privately that they felt micromanaged on key decisions."

There are many reasons (including the endless stream of twitter lies and slander) not to give Trump a chance, but I give him a pass on this one.

I saw that too but its real creepy.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
But come on, now he wants to install "Political Aids" or people who were called party officials in the old USSR days to cabinets. How can Trump not see a parallel, how could someone not make this point or how could Trump ignore that point.

Lol trump has political officers now. BTW you give trump some rope and he will hang you. Never give in! Viva la resistance!

;)

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
I'm honestly tying to give Trump a chance

I think Trump is in over his head but I'm not concerned with how he manages his departments in the HR sense. If he gets positive results it doesn't matter if he has zero 'aids' in cabinet departments or 100 and vice versa. That being said it's not exactly a trust building action by him that will inspire the troops to greatness. Preventing some minor failure or poor word choice via means like this also means you're taking away the opportunity and motivation to take prudent risks, innovate, and actually move your desired policy forward. You don't advance your cause by using a "prevent defense" managerial style.

Feb 16, 2005
He gets a new chance every day he wakes up.

You know what he does with it?
OOH! OOH! I KNOW! I KNOW! PICK ME MR. KOTTER!
elly.jpg

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I think Trump is in over his head but I'm not concerned with how he manages his departments in the HR sense. If he gets positive results it doesn't matter if he has zero 'aids' in cabinet departments or 100 and vice versa. That being said it's not exactly a trust building action by him that will inspire the troops to greatness. Preventing some minor failure or poor word choice via means like this also means you're taking away the opportunity and motivation to take prudent risks, innovate, and actually move your desired policy forward. You don't advance your cause by using a "prevent defense" managerial style.

It's the style of authoritarian take over attempts everywhere. The govt must be crippled before being taken down. When govt can't do the job it just means that more control is obviously necessary. Wash, rinse & repeat to achieve total paralysis.

Reactions: ivwshane

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
So this is a question of management style.
BTW, some Republicans apparently approve. As opposed to this just being a Trumpism.
Former House speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.), a Trump adviser, said the president needs to dispatch political allies to the agencies to monitor a bureaucracy that’s being targeted for reduction.

“If you drain the swamp, you better have someone who watches over the alligators,” Gingrich said.“These people are actively trying to undermine the new government.And they think it’s their moral obligation to do so.”

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
“If you drain the swamp, you better have someone who watches over the alligators,” Gingrich said.“These people are actively trying to undermine the new government.And they think it’s their moral obligation to do so.”

I presume in the bolded above Gingrinch is talking about the people in the "bureaucracy targeted for destruction" but it also aptly describes the Trump administration itself.

Feb 16, 2005
getting back to the title of the thread, WHY?!?!?! what has drumpf done to earn that? I'm going to go with fuck-all. He shits on every one at any given moment. He's a festering shit of a human being. An unapologetic narcissist at a level we've never dealt with before in a public office and that is saying quite a lot.
Other than being the president (who did not win the popular vote, and by a large margin), what has he done to earn that chance? He lies, he lies at an unpresidented level, tweets out vacuous accusations, has skin thinner than a bat's wing, fuck drumpf he doesn't deserve a fucking thing.

Reactions: Thebobo

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
getting back to the title of the thread, WHY?!?!?! what has drumpf done to earn that? I'm going to go with fuck-all. He shits on every one at any given moment. He's a festering shit of a human being. An unapologetic narcissist at a level we've never dealt with before in a public office and that is saying quite a lot.
Other than being the president (who did not win the popular vote, and by a large margin), what has he done to earn that chance? He lies, he lies at an unpresidented level, tweets out vacuous accusations, has skin thinner than a bat's wing, fuck drumpf he doesn't deserve a fucking thing.

He is doing information control from the source. Gag order is not enough for him.

Big USSR fan.